Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Boards triggering emails now - Is there documentation?

Level 6

My users just started receiving email notifications about cards being assigned to them on a Board.  I'm assuming this is related to the 23.2 release, but I can't find documentation anywhere on the 23.2 release page or the early release features page for Boards.  

The manager of this Board is looking for documentation so he understands when emails are triggered and what options we have regarding when/if they are sent.  We both like that this has finally been added, but we'd like more information.  

The cards on this Board are all ad hoc cards, so this isn't being triggered by a linked project.  

Does anyone know where I can find information or when it will be available?  

Thank you!  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

our team did a walkthrough of boards last week, and found that on the beaker icon in /boards, one of the admins was able to see the early access features, which had to do with boards notifications. There were two as far as I can remember, I think one was to do with being added to a card and the other was being added to a board.

Unfortunately I can't see those options myself otherwise I would take a screenshot. Interestingly, I just logged in as the other admin and I still can't see it (so I don't know if this is because Workfront still doesn't want to show me, or because that ability got turned off for our whole instance).

Long story short, my recommendation is to check and see if you have Early Access Beaker turned on, and start by experimenting with turning it off (or turning off the email notifications if you can see those).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

our team did a walkthrough of boards last week, and found that on the beaker icon in /boards, one of the admins was able to see the early access features, which had to do with boards notifications. There were two as far as I can remember, I think one was to do with being added to a card and the other was being added to a board.

Unfortunately I can't see those options myself otherwise I would take a screenshot. Interestingly, I just logged in as the other admin and I still can't see it (so I don't know if this is because Workfront still doesn't want to show me, or because that ability got turned off for our whole instance).

Long story short, my recommendation is to check and see if you have Early Access Beaker turned on, and start by experimenting with turning it off (or turning off the email notifications if you can see those).

Level 6

Thank you, Skye!  I found it!  I was expecting it to be in the settings for a specific board, not in the settings for Boards overall.  

The way this reads to me, it's me adjusting my preferences.  So I'll have to look to see if individuals can toggle theirs on and off.  Odd if some admins like you can't see it at all though.  

Capture.JPG

Community Advisor

Please post once you figure out which one it is. I'm sure we're all interested in the outcome.

I've already notified the product manager for Boards how weird it is that only one admin is allowed to see these toggles (along with all the other things I've noticed is weird about boards, of course).

thanks,

-skye

Level 6

I checked my settings, another admin's, and a plan license user.  All three of us have the Preferences option available, and we can toggle the settings off individually.  They appear to be the user's personal settings, not a system wide setting.  

We do have early feature opt-in enabled.  

It's quite odd to me that you wouldn't be able to see that setting yourself if we have plan license users who can.  

Community Advisor

thanks for letting me know, Chloe. I was hoping it was not that way, but I'll send in a ticket asking why I don't have it.