Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reporting on task status change to "complete - pending issues"

Level 2

I am trying to build a report that can show if a task was early, late or on-time by checking when the task was marked complete, but still pending issues, rather than just complete. 

Anyone have any success doing something like this before?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JonGe1,

Statistically speaking (suspecting once a Task is in such a state, it is no longer "touched") you might get away with assuming that the Last Update Date is the one to use.

If that's not a good assumption, let me know; I have another idea, too (but it's a bit more complicated).

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JonGe1,

Statistically speaking (suspecting once a Task is in such a state, it is no longer "touched") you might get away with assuming that the Last Update Date is the one to use.

If that's not a good assumption, let me know; I have another idea, too (but it's a bit more complicated).

Regards,

Doug

Hey Doug, 

That could work potentially, but out of curiosity, what is your other idea? I'd love to hear it!

Jon

Community Advisor

Certainly @JonGe1,

My other idea would be to adapt this Targeted Auditing technique to capture an optional calculated date parameter to track (if and when it happens) the date(s) "a task was marked complete, but still pending issues, rather than just complete."

Regards,

Doug