Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Better Task View

Level 1

Hi All,

I'm coming from Lythos (InMotion Now) and their task view for work is very nice. You can view by upcoming, in progress, in review, and completed at the task level. You can also change that view to be in a Kanban board view, which my design team found very helpful. Now that I'm working in Workfront, the main page/task page is lacking these options and just feels/is messy. For example, something that is in proof review stays at the top of the list pushing all other tasks down, and when you have a lot of work in different projects going on it would be nice to see what's in review/proof separate from work that's in progress or upcoming. I'm wondering if there is a better way to achieve this? I've looked into Boards, which seemed promising, but you have to manually add tasks vs them auto-populating into the correct column.

Just looking to help my team view their work in a more manageable way.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! You have the ability to create your own views, groupings and filters in WF. Views are what it sounds like you need here, a view is the task or object columns you see (a task view vs project view, etc). You can customize this as much as you need. You can also change any view when you’re in a project to be kanban style instead of a task list. 

You can also set a lot of this in your layout template. If you don’t have access to that, reach out to your WF Admin to explore your template and views/groupings/columns you may need. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! You have the ability to create your own views, groupings and filters in WF. Views are what it sounds like you need here, a view is the task or object columns you see (a task view vs project view, etc). You can customize this as much as you need. You can also change any view when you’re in a project to be kanban style instead of a task list. 

You can also set a lot of this in your layout template. If you don’t have access to that, reach out to your WF Admin to explore your template and views/groupings/columns you may need. 

Level 1

Thanks Madalyn! Where can I find more information on this? I've searched and everything is either very old or involves code or no clear direction. Thanks!

Community Advisor

No problem! Did some digging, yes it was hard to find. Check this out - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/report-elements/create-edi...

Filters/Views/Groupings are these icons in a project, report, etc. Anything with a list of objects. So you can have project-based views, task-based views, etc. Gamechanger if you're not using these yet. If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1678370786532.png