Expand my Community achievements bar.

Beta Version - My Tasks vs Ready to Work On

Level 2
Hi all, I tried to do some digging and found another user was having the same issue back in March, with the possibility of a WF update, but I couldn't find if there was ever a solution in any of the discussions. Our team likes the Beta version of the home page, but we are still struggling with seeing tasks on the lists that aren't ready to be worked on/whose predecessors are still not complete yet, and it causes confusion. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this? thanks! Alex Afriyie Questline, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor
Hi Alex, workfront.com/release has all the details on the next release. under the "Updated Work List (Left Panel) in the Home Area": " Items are now distinguished by whether they are ready to start. Possible options are Ready to Start, Not Ready, or Working On. " If you have access to your instance's Preview area, you can try it out there now. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 10
Yeah, it is a little confusing. Ready to Start and Not Ready (which are going to be released into Production in 18.2) are for Work Requests. Work that has been assigned to someone but they haven't agreed to work on yet (i.e. not clicked Work On It yet). Working On is for tasks or issues they have already clicked Work On It for. So, if the user is like me and just accepts work requests all the time, how do they know the predecessors are done? We added into our layout template the field Task: Can Start. This will say True if the predecessors are all done and False if they are not. Unfortunately, this is filter-able, but it helps when the user sees it on the right side and knows they can just move on to the next task. Hope that helps. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2
Thanks guys! Alex Afriyie Questline, Inc.