Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Best practices for time tracking

Level 3

Looking for any and all advice on how users can accurately track their time on tasks.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 3

We encourage people to track time as it is done or at least the same day. They can do it at task level or on the timesheet. If they leave it any later than the same day it might not be accurate.

Level 10

Basically the same as @Heidi Stephenson‚, but we still have people who enter all their time at the end of the week or even the end of the pay period.

Level 8

Same thing as @Heidi Stephenson‚ and @Kevin Quosig‚ We also do a drawing every Monday for a $25 gift card. Everyone who entered all their time for the week previous by Monday morning gets to go in the drawing. We've had great activity for the last 3 months of doing that!

Employee

Great answers from the folks above. Here is also a recording from a "Tracking Time in Workfront" User Group we hosted last year on timesheets in case it's helpful.

Level 10

Hi Allison,

In case you're looking for some extra oomph to make time tracking even easier, I invite you to consider:

Our Enterprise Stopwatch solution can improve and expand your users’ adoption of Workfront by making it simple and convenient for everyone to track time from their browser, tablet, or smart phone, as the work occurs.

Our UberTimesheet solution is intended for capturing time after the fact, and -- although similar to the native timesheet -- includes extra features such as a Quick Filter that instantly shows only the Timesheet rows that match a particular search string of interest as it is typed, and a Time Spreader feature that will evenly divide the time entered at a day level across all of the selected Timesheet rows (i.e. for execs and busy PMs).

Regards,

Doug