Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Being added to a project team because I created template used to create project

Level 2
I am being added to project teams for projects that are being created using a template I created. I know the owner can remove me from the team but is there a way to prevent me being added to the team in the first place. Bill Percival Choctaw Nation Government
4 Replies

Level 10
Can you first double check to make sure you're not part of the project's team? Otherwise, if this is resulting from you being the template's owner, you can certainly remove yourself from that field. https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Removing-Users-from-a-Project-935933469 -skye

Level 2
Hi Bill, To NOT be included automatically in every project, remove your name from the Template Owner field. This was not intuitive for me and I'm not necessarily happy with the solution as I feel you lose the origin info, but it does work. If you want to keep the Template Owner info, include it in the Description. Lori Lori Gates Thermo Fisher IDD

Level 6
In addition to the suggestions above, on the template landing page, go to the 'People' tab, and remove yourself there. This only affects the projects that spawn from that particular template (it will also remove any assignments you may have had in that template). Sean

Level 2
Thank you Sean, I needed that extra suggestion to delete someone from each template instance! :-) Debbie Wurms Subway