Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Automating workfront projects in calendar reporting

Level 1
Hello, I've been looking around but dont seem to be able to find anything on this. If I've missed out on this, please let me know :) Would like to find out if there is any existing integration available in the workfront to sync project tasks (i.e: with reference number) instead of having to manually input it into the reporting calendar? I have 15 main groups which i've put them as calendar grouping and have loads of projects which fall under these 15 main groups. Sample of what is being captured in 1 of the main groups as follows when time passes, i'll need to add in more tasks (up to a few hundreds) using "OR" which I find it not as effective as there might be a chance that we miss it out by manual insertion. Thanks! Yi Jing (YJ)
8 Replies

Level 10
Hi YJ, One common approach is to "tag" the Tasks you want to show on a calendar by updating a custom parameter you could add to each of them (eg on a Task custom form called "Task Calendar", with a checkbox parameter called "Show"), then changing your calendar filter to include those Tasks marked as "Show". With that in place, adding (or removing) Tasks is simply a matter of checking the "Show" box on (or off). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 5
I love this Doug - ty :) You just solved a problem for me! Miranda Rais

Level 1
Hi Doug! Thanks for the deets! Appreciate it. However, I just got onboard with workfront so I'm not exactly familiar with how it works. Tried to look around but can't seem to find "Task Calendar", with a checkbox parameter called "Show". Do I need to have an admin rights to do it? I am on planner license. Yi Jing (YJ)

Level 6
Hello Yi Jing Goh, What I believe he is referring to is creating your own custom field with the checkboxes to show on a calendar view. It is how we operate as well. You create the custom field, and then add that filter to your calendar view to only show tasks you select to be seen. Tim Tim Brooks Invicro

Level 1
Thanks Tim! This clears up. Will toggle around :) Yi Jing Goh Thermo Fisher CMD

Level 6
Just a suggestion: 1. Add this as a task level custom form 2. Create a "View" that add this custom field at each task while looking at at project task list. This allows you to easily select which tasks you want to see at a calendar view Tim Brooks Invicro

Level 10
Spot on Tim; great suggestions. YJ, here's a good primer on how to Create a Custom Form that might help, too. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 1
Thanks a lot Dig & Tim! Yi Jing Goh Thermo Fisher CMD