Expand my Community achievements bar.

Automatically Logging out of Workfront inactivity

Level 3
What is the best practice to set up time as a System admin for logging out of Workfront inactivity?
3 Replies

Level 7
I think that depends on your internal security. I hate it when I'm automatically logged out of an application in the middle of the day (unless I'm on a financial/banking web app), so we have ours set to 8 hours.

Level 10
Hi: To change the auto-logout settings, go to Setup, scroll all the way down, select System, then Preferences (bottom of the list). Look for the line “automatically log user out after” and a dropdown list. Pick whatever you want. Now on to the interesting part. What setting should you pick? 1) Some companies have a standard policy - I’ve worked a lot of places that had a mandatory 30 minutes of inactivity logout requirement; 2) Some agencies I’ve worked with had lots of client data readily accessible through the computer, so they required everyone manually lock the computer when they weren’t sitting in the chair, and a five minute inactivity logout; 3) I’ve worked a few places that had no policy at all; You cannot discount the annoyance factor for people who might be on the phone doing something and they are automatically logged out. Also, if you are using SSO, this setting is moot. All you have to do is close the browser, open a new browser, and click the WorkFront link. SSO will automatically log you in regardless of who you are. If you have lots of client data and have to autologout, don’t use SSO. That’s what I’m thinking! Eric [cid:image003.jpg@01D29EFF.5CC5ED50]

Level 3
Eric and Greg, Thanks for your advise. We are using 30 minutes inactivity logout. Few users have requested to increase logout time period. Thanks