Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Automatically assign tasks to Project Owner?

Level 2

Appreciate this was asked in 2021, but I have a process in Fusion that sets up projects based on a template and then assigns the project to the right business owner. To then assign the tasks to that person, is there anything in Workfront that can do that yet? 

If still no, the 2021 thread suggested it could be done with Fusion. Appreciate this isn't the right forum, but if so does anyone know an efficient way to do that? (ie not creating a module to update each individual task)

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi - just replying to myself in case useful for anyone in future as I figured this out. Using a Fusion scenario in which I created a batch of projects, I set a Search module, looked for all tasks in my set of projects (linked in Project ID) not currently allocated to a role and then built an Update Record module updating those tasks with the project owner relevant for that project. So it can be done, and is actually fairly simple once you figure out the options in Fusion.

(thanks Madalyn for the advice, I'm sure this would likely be the best approach without using Fusion but thankfully I do have that available as I think it simplified things once I figured it out!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not sure there is a way to autoassign tasks based on project owner, but I have a few ideas to consider:
- Not sure how many people are at play here, but you could have a template for each potential project owner that has all the task already assigned to that person in their template. So if you have 8 people, for example, you'd have 8 versions of the same template, each with all tasks assigned to one of the 8 people. If you have a large pool, this could be tedious to create/select templates but could be done.

- If you create many projects at a time and they're all assigned to a role, not a user, you can assign all tasks in bulk from a task report or from the workload balancer.

- For individual projects, can still assign all tasks to one person in bulk via workload balancer.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi - just replying to myself in case useful for anyone in future as I figured this out. Using a Fusion scenario in which I created a batch of projects, I set a Search module, looked for all tasks in my set of projects (linked in Project ID) not currently allocated to a role and then built an Update Record module updating those tasks with the project owner relevant for that project. So it can be done, and is actually fairly simple once you figure out the options in Fusion.

(thanks Madalyn for the advice, I'm sure this would likely be the best approach without using Fusion but thankfully I do have that available as I think it simplified things once I figured it out!)