Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Auto change status of a request once converted to a project

Level 7
Evening all, I'm pretty sure I see a post about this the other day but I have searched and can't find it so apologies for posting again if someone has recently answered.... Once a request is converted to a project and the project is completed, is there a setting for the status of the request change to complete as well or do you have to manually change the request status? Thanks, Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited
5 Replies

Level 7
If you convert the request to a project, then the resolution of that project will resolve the request as well. In other words, once the Project is marked Complete, the request will automatically be completed as well. This will happen if you have indicated in Setup --> Tasks & Issues that you want the request to be tied to the project. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
Thats great thanks Terry :) Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 2
Is there a way to keep the original request but not tie its resolution to the project so the request can be resolved/completed (or what have you)? For instance, if the request is "Create digital campaign for Client X". The custom form on that request is filled out and many of the details/fields roll over to the project's custom form.... The request gets converted into a project so technically the request has been completed even though the project isn't. Or am I missing something really basic here...? Thanks in advance for any feedback! Giselle Quintero Cross Country Home Services

Level 10
Hi Giselle, You could go into the original request/issue, go to Issue Details > Overview > Edit Overview and page to the bottom and remove the Resolved By entry field and set it to blank. This would disconnect them and leave them both intact. What you'll lose if the Primary Contact information (unless you move that into a form field with the form data : which I recommend : we've had plenty of example where we wondered who created this request). We like keeping the original request attached ourselves because for our use case the request is not truly complete until all the tasks of the project are complete. So this way the requestor is in the loop with the status changes too. In addition, we can report off the original request etc. But again that's just our use case. Everyone is different.

Level 2
Thank you Vic! Ideally (for me anyhow) is to have it tied to the converted project/task/what-have-you, but let its status stand on its own... so it can show as a reference. I know I could create a field in the custom form where it would be manually entered, however it would be way nicer if I didn't have to, but I digress. :) Thanks again!!! Giselle Quintero Cross Country Home Services