Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attach a Template to Multiple Projects?

Level 5
Hi, Has anyone attached a template to multiple projects at the same time? It looks like it's not possible, but if it is, we have a user who needs to do it. Thanks! Alana Alana Coble WebMD
6 Replies

Level 5
Just test to be sure and you can. :) I believe you can do this through bulk editing. Go to your Projects list and check the ones you want to edit. Click "edit" when it appears and scroll to the bottom of the modal. Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Level 10
I thought the same thing. But it's not available. And I tried selecting multiple projects and hitting New Project (attach Template), but that doesn't work either as it just created one new project. I think it's possible to do via an API, but not in standard Workfront functionality. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 5
I totally misread! I was deep in Custom Forms Land and was thinking custom forms not templates. Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Level 5
Does anyone know if this is available yet or in the works - bulk apply/attach a template to multiple selected projects? Currently we have 2300-2900 projects (new Group with kickstart import sans built templates). Even if we only apply templates to the current and existing future projects, we're looking at 600-700+ jobs that need templates applied. The ability to bulk apply/set template would save a significant amount of repetition and likely significant time savings too over time. Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council

Level 5
This is a great use case for Fusion or custom API development. If you included a custom field on your to be converted issues/tasks that specifies the template (calculated or drop-down) Fusion could then convert to the project and apply the template and add any other needed business login, including from other systems. Several partners also have simpler tools then Fusion to do this job. Basically any time you are getting into I need to do this manual task hundreds or thousands of time in a short time period, automation is your friend. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 10
Absolutely....we use Fusion for exactly this sort of thing. A recent use-case for us was to upload a document into hundreds of projects in progress. I've also just used it to setup a process to update hundreds of Workfront IDs for when we change over from LDAP to SAML2. David Cornwell