Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront Proof

Level 2
Curious how other businesses are enjoying the new Workfront Proof? How's it working for you're creative teams? Robert Campbell Tractor Supply Company
10 Replies

Level 3
Hi Robert, we use the proofing tool constantly in our agency. And, I'm pleased to say, there have been very few complaints regarding the actual use of the tool and everyone has found it to be incredibly intuitive. The automated workflows have also revolutionized my responsibility as the creative team's PM. There have been some nuances that take getting used to: Very few file types aren't supported, but one that we use is not: Keynote When making comments on a proof, you must tag an individual in order for them to receive the comment, unless you render a 'decision' (some people were making comments, but not making a 'decision' and wondering why their comments weren't making it back to the proof owner.) When proofing animated GIFs, the viewer doesn't show the GIF playing -- at least, that's been our experience. It's not the worst thing in the world, but if there was a solution to this, I'd happily hear people out Overall, I've been extremely pleased with the tool. It was one of the features that I was anticipating the most when we were considering Workfront. I have not been disappointed. How has your experience been with it so far? Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Level 5
Hi Robert, We moved from InMotion to Workfront along with Workfront Proof and I have to say its a step down from what we were used to. It's very buggy, for example, often proofs remain in "My Approvals" workspace even after I've completed my reviews. After decisions are made it can take two to three minutes for that flag to show up. For our product manager here is no way to sort their priority reviews in the My Approvals panel. The "new version" button is hidden which has often resulted in total confusion as we get new users trained. But all that said, it's working and we have high hopes that it will continue to improve as it becomes more integrated with Workfront. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 1
Newer user here...is Workfront Proof a separate/add-on product from Workfront? Or how do I activate it for our users? I've been digging around and there are no quick answers I can find. Thanks - SDR Stephanie Rosskopf Columbia College

Level 10
Proof is an add-on. If you had it, your system admin would see a one-line checkbox option in user profiles that reads "User can generate proofs" and how many licenses you have left. Users who need to generate proofs need to have this switched on; users that need to review proofs do NOT need a license to review. -skye

Level 1
Thanks, Skye - we are about to go into a big publications refresh and this would be an ideal solution. Stephanie Rosskopf Columbia College

Level 10
it's definitely a big selling point. Holler if you need any pointers, Stephanie. -skye

Level 5
Hi @Aileen Taylor . Curious how it has all panned out for your group since last summer. We too used InMotionNow and are now on Workfront (with another system tried in between). We like the review environment and most of its features. It is proof management that is our biggest issue for our PMs, followed by reviewer notification fatigue which we can at least improve, and lastly also by our users the sometimes finicky nature when trying to position/place the markup tool. Our biggest proof issue with Workfront is proof management issues are proof set up and ownership. This is something I'd love to run past @Allison Lippert or another from Workfront to see if there is a better solution than what we have and to see if they might add the above as an idea to Idea Exchange. We'd strongly prefer a change in Workfront proof set up. The best solution to our issue would be to have an optional pending or hold state between setting up the proof and attaching the art to be routed. This way our PMs could set up the proof {record} with the correct name, stages, deadlines, reviewer/approvers and, ideally, correct workflow. PMs would then set proof to a pending/hold state awaiting completion materials for review. Then our Creative would upload the reviewable materials to the pending/held proof {record} and send/launch the proof . From then the designer would just add new versions as they do now -- or wherever Workfront may move that feature. This is the one capability our PMs very, very strongly miss from one of the last two proof & approval systems used. Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council

Level 5
@Tammie Bouchard Hi Tammie-My team who remain on InMotion hope they never have to switch and the team I've moved to WorkfrontProof have resigned themselves to waiting for it to get better. At least our biggest request has been solved, our reviewers often have to bring in new reviewers to validate their changes so being able to do this with a simple @ makes all the difference in the world to the speed of our workflows. Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 10
Agree - we really struggle with 'approved' proofs remaining in My Approvals!! And it can be buggy. But overall, we are happy with it. Our first year on WF Proof was a bit of a struggle, but overall our users are happy with it and it seems to be the easiest area to train users and gain adoption. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 5
We'd want the Approved proofs to stay in the system for 6-18 months but as archived item. We would not want these archived items to show in ongoing notifications, Home / Work List, even All Docs*. *exceptions: · advance search to include a separate item for archived (documents, or proofs, or projects or all of the above)doesn't show up your active work list, views, etc – just in an archive section and custom reports/dashboards · any reports built to purposefully include archived items · any dashboards built to purposely include archive items · any views, grouping or filters built to purposefully include archive item (otherwise default should not – in our opinions) Tammie