Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

assignments for terminated projects appear in workload balancer?

Level 2

We have a handful of projects for this year marked with the status "terminated" (which equates in our system to dead).  We opted to do this instead of deleting the projects (a) so there's a record in the project updates as to why the project was terminated; and (b) in the event we need to make the projects active again.

Workfront documentation states: "You can delete a project if the project and its data are no longer needed. As an alternative to deleting a project, we recommend editing the project and changing the status to Complete or Dead. This removes all current tasks related to the project from a user’s task list, but saves all data associated with the project." (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/projects/manage-projects/delete-... ).

A user pointed out that tasks assigned to him in terminated projects still show up in the workload balancer.  I confirmed that this is the case.

Is this a bug?  Is there a way to terminate projects (that did not complete) without assignments still appearing in the WLB?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

We filter out projects with a status of Dead, Complete, or On Hold to prevent them from appearing in the Workload Balancer.

List of Filters.pngFilter Example.png

These are shared system-wide. Depending on your organization this may not make sense; sharing with a specific team like Project Management may be better.

Filter Sharing.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

If I'm understanding correctly, you should be able to filter them out by clicking the filter icon at the top where it says either assigned or unassigned work.

Level 2

Tasks were assigned to users prior to the projects being marked terminated, and they still show up under assigned work.  I would have thought that marking the projects terminated would be sufficient to keep tasks from appearing in the WLB (and that unassigning any incomplete tasks wouldn't be necessary).

Community Advisor

@kswaringen 

I'm wondering if the user where these tasks are still showing clicked Work on It for those tasks before the project was terminated...?

I know when we change a project status to On Hold any tasks where the user has started working on them, those tasks stay on Home. I haven't checked to see if they stay on the WLB, but could be the same case, maybe. 

For the On Hold projects/tasks I direct users to find that task in the left pane on Home, click the 3 dots between the task name and the Done button, and select Convert to Work Request

Correct answer by
Level 4

We filter out projects with a status of Dead, Complete, or On Hold to prevent them from appearing in the Workload Balancer.

List of Filters.pngFilter Example.png

These are shared system-wide. Depending on your organization this may not make sense; sharing with a specific team like Project Management may be better.

Filter Sharing.png