Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Assigning Requests

Level 6
Hoping someone can help. Have a job ticket in but haven't been able to figure out a resolution. We have a Project Manager who isn't able to assign Requests . (he can assign tasks within the project) The other Project Manager is set up the same and he can. I'm attaching images to see how 1 gets the orange box on the right allowing him to assign the request but the other does not give the option. The WF team was able to show me how to go into each request and click sharing and check off make assignments. This does work but he is responsible for 1/3 of all our requests. I can't go to each one and give him the permission. Does anyone know what I can do to give him access to ALL requests? Thanks Tracy Parmeter
4 Replies

Level 1
Hi Tracy, You can check if the user (Project Manager) has appropriate permission (for example, Contribute with Make Assignments option checked) on the project level so they can get inherited permissions on all requests. Hope this helps. Vlad Pogosyan Workfront

Level 6
Where do I go to check that? I am talking about requests that have not been converted to projects yet. When a Department puts in a request he needs to assign it to a Project Manager and then they convert it into a project but is won't let him assign it to anyone. Once it's been converted into a project he is able to assign all the tasks within it. He has the same license as the other Project Manager that is able to assign requests. Let me know if your idea would solve this? Thanks Tracy

Level 4

Tracy, The request queue is just like a project in that not only do you have to share the Queue, you have to give him permissions to either manage or contribute. Dr. Rochelle L. Webb, CSM Interim Director, Project Management Office MHMR Tarrant County Ft. Worth, Texas 817-569-41460690z000007ZhUkAAK.jpg

Level 1
Have you looked into the permissions of the user? One may have Requester (view only) access and the other has Planner (edit) access. I tested this and the user with view only access was able to see the request but the Assign to link was not available. Serenna Brookman Amazon