Expand my Community achievements bar.

Are you struggling with multiple columns on a report and would like to substitute some of the fields with flags?

Community Advisor

I recently encountered a challenge when redesigning some of my reports. Namely, some of them contain too many columns to make data legible.

Given the simplicity of content in some of them I figured I will substitute some of the fields with flags.

Problem appeared, I couldn't find a way to keep all the flags in one line.

Luckily I finally make this working with wrapping my "flag fields" with 2 extra columns that would overlay display with a bit of HTML.

Openning column (bolded crucial piece):

column.12.displayname=Details

column.12.sharecol=true

column.12.shortview=true

column.12.textmode=true

column.12.value=<span style="display: inline-block">

column.12.valueformat=HTML

Closing column:

column.16.shortview=true

column.16.textmode=true

column.16.value=</span>

column.16.valueformat=HTML

Result

0694X00000JwR9VQAV.png

Sharing this with community, hopefully this will make it easier for others

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 4

Looks nice! Thanks for sharing!

Just for the inspiration, I'm wondering what information you are showing with the flags.

Community Advisor

e.g.

phone call icon - when requestor asked explicitly for conversation before work start, value is set to yes, and flag turns green

description icon - with hover over function, so that user don't need to open task details, but can quickly preview the description straight from the report

last note icon - again hover over to check last posted update to quickly catch up on current status of the task

Level 5

Hi Rafal,

That sounds pretty neat. Could i see the text mode section for the description and/or last note to show the hover over?

Community Advisor

Both of these fields will work essentially in analogous way.

1. there is conditional formatting applied with 2 conditions: A. description is blank (grey circle is displayed), D. description has content (text icon is displayed along with the field value.
  2. Icons should be located anywhere online in generally accessible space,

I learned that you can source icon from pretty much any online stock, of course not to cheat anyone I recommend filtering icons that are free and for commercial use. There are plenty of these. needed is direct link for the picture itself and not just page with the icon. You can do this by right click and selecting open image in new tab.

0694X00000H6v86QAB.png

image.case.0.comparison.lefttext=description

image.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=description

image.case.0.comparison.operatortype=string

image.case.0.comparison.icon=true

image.case.0.comparison.operator=notblank

image.case.0.comparison.righttext=

image.case.0.comparison.truetext=URL [here put URL for icon that should be displayed when description is available]

image.case.1.comparison.lefttext=description

image.case.1.comparison.leftmethod=description

image.case.1.comparison.righttext=

image.case.1.comparison.truetext=URL [here put URL for icon that should be displayed when description is NOT available]

image.case.1.comparison.operatortype=string

image.case.1.comparison.operator=isblank

image.case.1.comparison.icon=true

image.width=24 [this is very helpful parameter that allows to control picture width in case you use icons of different sizez/ origins etc.]

image.namevalue=description [here is where you specify hover over text]

sharecol=false [change this to "true" once you have all surrounding columns ready]

namekey=description

valuefield=description

linkedname=direct

textmode=true

valueformat=HTML

querysort=description

good luck

Level 5

Ah, I think i was missing the description sections for the hover text. Thanks!

Level 3

Love this, used this. Thanks for sharing!

I just wish there were more local icons available, because I can't link to most external urls, but colored dots will work for now.