Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Approval Reminder Question - Without ProofHQ

Level 1
Hi all, Has anyone found a way to remind users to approve or reject their approval? A problem we're facing is thatall of our projects utilize task based approvals. Once a task based approval is triggered, it sends the documents within that task for approval to our 'clients'. However, the clients often download the assets and leave, without approving or rejecting. Since we have so many projects, it is too much of a workload to follow up on each project submitted for approval. Has anyone found a way to remind someone of a pending approval? In this case we send an approval flow to the project sponsor.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 5
There really isnt a way that i've found to set up automatic approval reminders, as you can for overdue tasks, timesheets, or issues. However you can manually send a reminder by going into the document, click a person with a PENDING approval and select "REMIND" from the dropdown that shows up. You can also accomplish this in the MyWork area, approvals tab.

Level 4
Have either of you attempted to create an approval reminder/notification on a task. My team has tasks that have a "Complete - pending approval" status, and often have delays with task approvals (not just document approvals).