Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Approval Path Issue

Level 2

How do I select what happens if some task is approved? I mean I can see an option on what happens if the task is rejected however I want the task to be moved to a specific stage if approved.

For eg, the approval triggers at "In Progress" status, if approved the status should change to "Waiting for Approval" then if it is approved, it should move to "Approved" and so on. But I can't see an option to control this. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sidkarora - Unfortunately, Workfront doesn't have the option to push an approved object to another status once approved out of the box (would be a great suggestion for ideas though!). 

What I normally do in use cases is have the Workers/Planners put the object in the task it should end up in if approved (Ex. Complete) then it will be Complete - Pending Approval & Complete once approved. Then, as you know, goes back to In Progress (or similar) if rejected.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sidkarora - Unfortunately, Workfront doesn't have the option to push an approved object to another status once approved out of the box (would be a great suggestion for ideas though!). 

What I normally do in use cases is have the Workers/Planners put the object in the task it should end up in if approved (Ex. Complete) then it will be Complete - Pending Approval & Complete once approved. Then, as you know, goes back to In Progress (or similar) if rejected.

Level 2

How is this not something out of the box? How is this an approval path without completing the path? I think this should be on the Workfront road map. It doesn't have to be complex. We just need some way of telling in a report that it was approved.