Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Workfront and Creative Cloud Integration

Level 2

With the workfront and Creative cloud integrations, can the files/documents that are part of the project be opened up directly in a creative cloud application (like Photoshop or indesign) or will the files need to be downloaded and then worked upon and once the work is completed, they can be uploaded to WF?

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi @amijain 

Yes, with Adobe Creative Cloud and Workfront integration, files/documents that are part of the project can be opened directly in a Creative Cloud application like Adobe Photoshop or InDesign. Also with this integration, designers can access, edit, and upload files directly to Workfront from Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, without having to leave the creative environment. This streamlines the process and eliminates the need to download the files, work on them, and then upload them back to Workfront.

Thsnks,

Venkat

Level 9

Hello Venkat,

That is interesting, as I was facing exact the same question last week. Using the plugin in InDesign does not open the documents in InDesign directly, but downloading in the default browser.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

Level 2

Thanks for response Venkat. However, my experience has been that I cannot edit the files that are available in a workfront project, the only option that I can see is to download the files work on it and then upload it back to workfront for further approvals etc. I have not seen any options to download and clicking or dragging the asset does not open it up in CC app like photoshop but instead it takes you to the workfront link from where you download and then use. 

Is that not correct way?

Level 4

Hello @amijain 
it seems that you may be experiencing some integration issue. In practice, the Workfront and Adobe Creative Cloud integration should allow you to open and update files directly in the CC apps like InDesign or Photoshop without downloading.

Level 2

Thanks @Jvenkat  - Do you have any documentation that specifically calls out that functionality. Have been looking over but not found it to be explicit mentioned anywhere.

Additionally, how would one do it, can you maybe provide a sample snapshot of it, I have tried dragging dropping and it did not work, have tried right clicking to see if any contextual menu is there but could not find it. 

Level 2

Adding to my earlier comment: Looking at the functionality documentation, the plugin talks about the following things that can be done (ref: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/integrations/adobe-creat...

• Find your Workfront assignments
  • Upload files to Workfront
  • Add comments and tag team members
  • Request document approvals
  • Upload proofs and assign a proofing workflow
  • Log time
  • Mark your work complete