Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Approval Path Glitch

Level 2
Currently, we have a queue for approvals. Once the requester submits the request, the queue owner is automatically assigned, applies the approval path, and changes status to "In Progress - Pending Approval". After the request has been approved, the queue owner updated the assignment with the original requester and changes the status to "Awaiting Feedback". However, once the original requester updates the ticket, the status reverts back to "In Progress - Pending Approval" - even though the request has already been approved. Anyone have suggestions or experiencing the same issue? Amanda Hodge IEHP
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Amanda, Yes, this is a "feature" in WF. When a Request is set to Awaiting Feedback, WF will automatically change the status back to In Progress when an update is made. It's assuming you received the feedback you were awaiting. So in this case you happened to choose In Progress as your Approval trigger and thus it's re-triggering it. Since I don't believe there is a way to turn that off, I would just change the process to either use a different status than Awaiting Feedback after the Approval is complete, or trigger the approval off a status other than In Progress. You just need to change one of those parameters and you won't have this issue. Hope that makes sense.

Level 2
Thank you @Vic Alejandro for clarifying this - I have been working with my WF App Support Team and will pass on the information. It must have just became a "feature" since it wasn't happening in the past. Have a great day. Amanda Hodge IEHP

Level 10
Hi Amanda, I can let you know that the Awaiting Feedback has been there for at least 6 years. We use it in our internal Workfront Help Desk Queue so that the System Admin team can easily see in our dashboard when someone has responded as it will move the status to In Progress automatically. My print studio (which is its own group) did a custom status that said "Needs Requester's Feedback" and that works for them. Maybe you all should try that approach. Anthony Imgrund FCB