Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Anyone know a code to switch the Portfolio ID from a number to a name in a report?

Level 4

Hello!

Need to switch the Portfolio ID from a number to a name in a report, anyone have an idea how to do it?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Switching the Portfolio ID from a number to a name can be achieved through text mode. When editing the report, do the following:

• Select the column you want to modify, in this case Portfolio ID.
  • In the upper right of the screen, locate and click Switch to Text Mode.
  • Once in Text Mode, you will see various lines of code in the middle section of the screen.
  • Click anywhere in this area to open the Text Mode window. 
  • In the Text Mode window, locate the line of code valuefield=portfolioID
  • Change the line of code to be valuefield=portfolio:name
  • Save changes.

The assumption here is that there is a column on the report that is pulling directly from the Portfolio ID field. If Portfolio ID is referenced in any calculations, the way to change it from the ID to the name varies but is still mostly done in text mode. 

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Switching the Portfolio ID from a number to a name can be achieved through text mode. When editing the report, do the following:

• Select the column you want to modify, in this case Portfolio ID.
  • In the upper right of the screen, locate and click Switch to Text Mode.
  • Once in Text Mode, you will see various lines of code in the middle section of the screen.
  • Click anywhere in this area to open the Text Mode window. 
  • In the Text Mode window, locate the line of code valuefield=portfolioID
  • Change the line of code to be valuefield=portfolio:name
  • Save changes.

The assumption here is that there is a column on the report that is pulling directly from the Portfolio ID field. If Portfolio ID is referenced in any calculations, the way to change it from the ID to the name varies but is still mostly done in text mode. 

I hope this helps!