Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Any recommendations on creating insertion orders and tracking media buying expenses?

Level 2

I am part of an in-house creative team and we will be merging with team that has external clients. The external team uses a media buying functionality in their current program and would like to see Workfront offer something similar. I'm thinking I could create a custom form or a report that could be used to export the details then once it's approved, a billing record with the media expenses could be added. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions on recreating media buying and/or insertion orders in Workfront?

4 Replies

Level 10

The only way I know is with a Custom Form and API -- creating the form and entering the info in WF is easy, but displaying the information into a format you can send to the media is not pretty without an API or programming or some extra special finagling to merge the fields into something that is legible for your vendors to make sense of. If nobody external has to get your insertion order then you can probably deal with it -- it's just ugly. Forms are really meant to add custom fields, and haven't (yet) been worked out to be exportable as nice documents.

Level 2

Thank you for your response. They will be sent to external clients. If this is something your team is currently doing, is there a program that you recommend for the API so its legible? I was thinking about exporting a report but I think that will get messy too.

Level 10

I wish! I'm not given the budgets to do anything so fancy! Hopefully someone else will chime in with advice.

Level 10

Hi JoLisa,

i invite you to consider our Estimate/invoice and Auto-Bill solutions which might provide the functionality you require.

Regards,

Doug