Expand my Community achievements bar.

Allowing users to pull a previous report from a prompt

Level 1

Hey there! I have an automated status report that goes out every Friday containing our top 10 projects and a text status update. Essentially we use a custom field for the text status update and we enter in an update in line on the report. Every week this report should change as long as the PM has updated their text status. 

If an exec would like to have a way to pull a previous report from a dashboard, is there a way to set a prompt by the date of the previous generated automated report, maybe by the week or an "as of" date?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I think this would end up being a different report.

If you have not yet set it up, you would set up your custom field to be "tracked" (setup / interface / update feeds). After you've done this, you'll be able to create a journal entry report that will pick up the changes to this field, and what date they were made.

Unfortunately, if the field has never been tracked, you would not be able to pick up past changes.

Level 1

Hi! Luckily we have been tracking to the project so it should be in the update feeds. So now I just need to research how to create that journal entry report. Thank you so much for this direction!

Adrianne

Level 10

Hi @AdrianneCole,

In addition to the Journal Entry based approach @skyehansen  mentioned, I invite you to also:

• avoid our Project Management Time Travel approach (which was ill conceived)
  • learn about our Automatic Weekly Status Reporting technique (which is sound)
  • consider our Executive Status Report, which leverages that technique to highlight status trends over time
  • alternatively, consider using our optional Batch Processing option to automate and upload a PDF of our Project Status Report solution (or something tailored to suit you) for every filtered Project of interest at some regular cadence (e.g. weekly) so that your execs can then simply browse to the historical version of interest and examine it, exactly as it was at that time

Regards,

Doug