Expand my Community achievements bar.

Allocations Field for Calculated Work in Task View

Level 4

Hello Community,

Here is the challenge I need your help with. Just imagine a task view, for instance the Workfront Standard built-in task view. I'd like to customize it so I'd be able to enter Planned Hours either as Hours or as % Allocation.

Please consider the attached screenshot. For a given Duration (105 days), I can put right away 84 hours. What if I want to put 10% instead of 84 hours? What additional field do I need in the view to accomplish that? (I want to prevent opening multiple tasks and edit those by getting to the Assignments section in each task; too many clicks. Also, I found a field called, plannedUserAllocationPercentage, but got challenges in text mode reporting. Anybody got any text mode success with that?)

What I did so far, just added a field called Duration Type, so I can choose Calculated Assignment or Calculated Work. The question here is... if I select Calculated Work, what other field do I need to have in my view so I can populate 10%?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers,

+Pavlin

Keywords: tasks, resource planning, workfront, hours, text mode reporting, assignments, list views, calculated work, calculated assignment

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies