Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Allocations Field for Calculated Work in Task View

Level 4

Hello Community,

Here is the challenge I need your help with. Just imagine a task view, for instance the Workfront Standard built-in task view. I'd like to customize it so I'd be able to enter Planned Hours either as Hours or as % Allocation.

Please consider the attached screenshot. For a given Duration (105 days), I can put right away 84 hours. What if I want to put 10% instead of 84 hours? What additional field do I need in the view to accomplish that? (I want to prevent opening multiple tasks and edit those by getting to the Assignments section in each task; too many clicks. Also, I found a field called, plannedUserAllocationPercentage, but got challenges in text mode reporting. Anybody got any text mode success with that?)

What I did so far, just added a field called Duration Type, so I can choose Calculated Assignment or Calculated Work. The question here is... if I select Calculated Work, what other field do I need to have in my view so I can populate 10%?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers,

+Pavlin

Keywords: tasks, resource planning, workfront, hours, text mode reporting, assignments, list views, calculated work, calculated assignment

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies