Expand my Community achievements bar.

Allocated hours get redistributed across duration of the task

Community Advisor

Hello WF community,

reach out to hopefully get some feedback.
Users in our instance would sometimes experience issues with their allocations messed up in Workload Balancer. As an example, they would input this initially:

Rafal_Bain_1-1663744440630.png

But when they come back later to WB they would found this:

Rafal_Bain_0-1663744403514.png

Anyone else is experiencing the same? 

WF support was able to patch at least 2 things causing the problem in past couple of months, but this is still happening for users in our instance so I'm wondering if this is special about our instance or if this is broader problem. 

Kindly please let me know 

Best

R

PS. I'm very well aware about 3 usual situations described in the documentation that would result in allocations redistribution. This is none of them.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Rafal_Bain,

When you next catch such a situation (where a Task’s planned hours “shaping” has been unexpectedly “flattened”), in addition to checking the Update Feed for an edit that might have triggered it (which is usually insufficient), I suggest you run the following to API calls and compare the results closely, which might then reveal the cause:

https://[domain].my.workfront.com/attask/api/v14.0/tasks/search?ID=[task.ID]&fields=*

https://[domain].preview.workfront.com/attask/api/v14.0/tasks/search?ID=[task.ID]&fields=*

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Hi Doug, 

thanks so much for your post. I did run the calls, it did reveal some differences, but they aren't meaningful to me. 

Aside from Last udpate date and ID which is quite obvious I found following, 2 of them I don't understand:

• "isWorkRequiredLocked": false < true
  • "taskNumber": 549 < 1019 [I'm guessing this has changed due to number of task that were added to the project in the meantime]
  • "wbs": 89.2 < 161.2
  • "work": 136.0 < 0  [this is essentially number of planned hours and given updated allocations that also makes total sense]