Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Agile Tips and Tricks Master Thread

Level 9
Those of you who rely on Agile methodologies, how is Workfront helping you? How and when do you plan your sprints? What Agile features are you using? What tips and tricks have you found that help you and your teams be more effective and efficient? -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:
29 Replies

Level 7
I didn't get that far! I think for us, we could create a report filtered to tasks assigned to the Kanban team and then group and sum hours by task status. But since I haven't tried it, I don't know what I might be missing.

Level 4
You first need to add a new Task status: Setup->Project Preferences->Statuses and then select the Tasks tab. Next you will select the "Add a New Status" button and add your new status. Next you will go to your agile team and click on team settings and you should be able to add the new status. You cannot change the order on the Team Settings screen but you can change the column order in an agile view.

Level 9
Erica and Paul, I just checked with the product team and it looks like Kanban support is not currently on the roadmap. I've passed on this thread so they know there is interest. I'll let you know if I hear of any updates. In Reply to Erica Pomerleau:
Hi Paul, did you ever get a response to your question regarding Agile? I am seeking the same instruction for kanban with the understanding that it is not the same as a regular iteration.
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 2
Hello, Workfront says that it is possible to add three "additional fields" on a team view, but I am only able to add two--has this changed? Thank you, Eve

Level 2
Hey Anthony, Have you found a workaround for this issue yet? I know it's been a few months, but I was combing the community forum looking for any info I could on this topic. I'm running into the same problem that all of our Agile projects/tasks are taking on the end date of our 2-week sprints and are not maintaining any hard due dates we may need to specify. Let me know if you (or anyone else here for that matter) has discovered a solution to either fix or patch this feature. Thank you!

Level 10
I wish, but no. :( We have had to go with assigning actual people to tasks in waterfall projects and then just checking User Utilization before we plan an iteration to see what "capacity" we have for the team. It is frustrating.

Level 2
Hi All! I'm looking to start to move our team to use a Kanban board for planning and delegating our work, which comes in from various projects which are planned in a Waterfall way. I have changed the team to an Agile team, chosen Kanban methodology, and assigned some of the tasks from one of our projects to the team, so these tasks are now showing up in the backlog. However, they are not showing up on the Kanban board and I cannot figure out why. When I write a new story in the backlog it shows in the Kanban board - it's only these ones I'm trying to bring in from existing projects that don't show. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Are there any rules re. tasks/ subtasks that I mightn't be aware of? Thanks in advance! Leigh-Ann Leighann Devereux Trend Micro Inc

Level 3
Leighann, Is the project that contains the tasks in "Current" status? I was messing around with the Agile functionality last week, trying to learn about it, and I could not put tasks/stories in an iteration if the project was in "Plan Setup" status, if I remember correctly. I was using the SCRUM model, so this may or may not apply to you. Wayne Wayne Ellyson OH-DAS

Level 2
Hey Leighann, You might also make sure that the agile team assigned to the task in your waterfall project has the ability to manage the task/project. We saw this issue with tasks being assigned to our Agile team (Scrum - not Kanban) from a Waterfall project and they couldn't do anything with the task unless they had a manage access level. Kim