Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Aggregate Values from Tasks into Project Calculated Field

Level 10
Here is the scenario: I have a task custom form with a numeric text field, called "count". I would like to add a calculated field on the project that will provide the sum of the values on all tasks within the project where "count" exists. Is this possible?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Sorry you haven't received a response to this question as yet. To do this, you'd need the ability to define a custom calculated field that you can place on a form. That calculation should be the sum of the "count" attribute from other objects. That sounds tricky to me, as I don't know how to select and then aggregate a value in the calculation of a custom attribute. Hope someone has an idea...

Level 7
Yeah, that's a tough one for me. Question though - what do you plan on doing with that value if you could get it? If you're reporting on it, you could aggregate the values in the report, right?

Level 10
Here's an example use-case: I have a numeric text field on an issue used to track "hours delayed" (for SLA purposes), and copy this value to the project custom form when the issue is converted. On the project's tasks, I also tracked "hours Delayed" in a custom form. On the project custom form, I would like to calculate the TOTAL DELAYED HOURS = ISSUE DELAYED HOURS + SUM(Tasks Delayed Hours) I would then be able to report the total delayed hours in a project report.

Level 10

Hi Narayan,

Our new UberCalc does what you need.

Shall we add it to our Virtual Lunch agenda?

Regards,

Doug

Level 10
Hi Doug, yes let's talk about this. Thanks!