Expand my Community achievements bar.

Child Tasks -- posted mistakenly in Reporting

Level 2
Ok I feel this should be a simple one but it's been driving me nuts off and on all day... i have projects and want to make tasks the children, or sub-tasks, of the task above it. But when i select them and click the Indent button.......they move Right, and then immediately move back Left! but then once in awhlie, it seems to work and I'm not seeing any discernable difference between tasks that will or won't indent. Any ideas?!?!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 1
Had a similar problem and to fix it I unhooked all of the tasks and started again, would love to know if there is an easier way.

Level 10
Hi - I had one case of this and realised that the reason was because one of the tasks I was trying to indent has a predecessor link to the task which was to become the parent task. It correctly didn't allow this which I assume is why it popped back out again. Once I removed this, it was OK. The only other reason I can think of might be if you are sorting the tasks by something other than the task number column. This often causes normal functionality to not work.

Level 2
bullseye! this did the trick to solve it; much appreciated.