Expand my Community achievements bar.

Advanced Reporting: Predecessor Progress Status on an Assignment Report

Level 5
Thanks to the community, I was able to determine how to capture Predecessor Progress Status on a Task report: listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists name=Predecessor Status shortview=false stretch=0 textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML width=90 When I copied this over to an Assignment Report, I tried what I thought was the correct update, but to avail. The column returns blank. listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists name=Predecessor Status shortview=false stretch=100 textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=task:predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML width=90 Any assistance with correcting my textmode would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 10
Hi Tracy, I took a (long) shot at this, but wasn't able to deduce a syntax that would go "up" to the Task from the Assignment and then enumerate "down" to the Predecessors collection. Perhaps that type of up/down request is not supported...but it's also quite possible that there is some combination that I didn't try that did work. Below, I've listed seven ways to NOT invent a light bulb; perhaps sharing my pattern will give someone else a bright idea. Regards, Doug ================================== listmethod= nested(task:predecessors:predecessor).lists name= nested(task:predecessors:predecessor).lists type=iterate valuefield= progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter= < br > listmethod= nested(task:predecessors).lists name= nested(task:predecessors).lists type=iterate valuefield= predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= task:nested(predecessors).lists name= task:nested(predecessors).lists type=iterate valuefield= predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= task:nested(predecessors).lists name= task:nested(predecessors).lists type=iterate valuefield= predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= nested(predecessors).lists name= nested(predecessors) type=iterate valuefield= task:predecessors:predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= nested(task:predecessors).lists name= nested(task:predecessors).lists type=iterate valueexpression= {predecessor}.{progressStatus} valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > listmethod= nested({task}.{predecessors}).lists name= nested(task:predecessors:predecessor).lists type=iterate valuefield= predecessor:progressStatus valueformat=HTML listdelimiter=< br > Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 5
I appreciate the effort Doug! Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 10
Hi Tracy, Unfortunately there is no collection functionality for the assignment object type. Collections are kind of like a "move down" the hierarchy function, and there is nothing underneath an assignment object. Or at least, that is what I was told several years ago when we asked for something similar. Thanks, Anthony Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(task.predecessors).lists name=Predecessor Status shortview=false stretch=100 textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=progressStatus valueformat=HTML width=90 I spend way too much time moving up and down collections :) -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com Helpful? Buy me a coffee: https://www.patreon.com/mlayten - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Thanks Melinda -- we got it! Although your's didn't render for me, I stole your "." instead of my ":" and used my valueexpression, which then rendered as attached. Here's the textmode for the final joint-effort winner, Tracy -- enjoy! Regards, Doug ---------------------- listdelimiter= listmethod= nested(task.predecessors).lists name= Melinda's nested(task.predecessors).lists with Doug's valueexpression={predecessor}.{progressStatus} type=iterate value expression={predecessor}.{progressStatus} valueformat=HTML Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 5
Fantastic! Thank you so much to both of you!! I love this Community and you have gotten me one step closer to figuring out our KPI reports!! Hold tight i might be back for more expertise LOL Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 4
Thanks Doug. I was just editing and not testing. The . within the collection has worked well for me in the past. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: "tel:(484)%20505-6855" value="+18014720979" (484) 505-6855 site: "http://www.capabilitysource.com/" www.capabilitysource.com email: "mailto:melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com" melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 5
And a further thanks...given the logic you helped me understand I was also able to successfully add a column for Predecessor Assignees: displayname=Predecessor Assignees listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(task.predecessors).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=CONCAT({predecessor}.{assignedTo}.{name}) valueformat=HTML A tremendous thanks again! Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 10
Awesome, Tracy – you're off and running! It's my pleasure to help, and glad that I now understand it better, too. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Grow my text mode library has!

Level 1

I read through the comments and input what I think is the correct code via the Column "Text Editor Mode" in order to have the Predecessor Status show in my report. However, this is not working for me and the column returns no values. Would someone be able to share line-by-line what's worked for you?

The value expressions listed here got me closer, but didn't return the Predecessor task status as I'd hoped (ex. Not Ready, Ready, or Complete) and instead, some other values, like NEW, CPL, and YDQ.

Thanks in advance!!