Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Adding project custom form information on to a custom Task Tab

Level 4

I know I've seen this before! I'm looking to create a report to add to a Task custom section that would include two items from a Project form, specific to that project.

Use Case: We currently go through a translation company and have a Fusion integration with that company and WF. The integrations sends back links directly into fields on the Project Form. The users who have tasks after that step need to go into the translation company link to complete their work. Rather than have them go through to the Project level, I would like to just provide those links at the task level within a tab/custom section.

I cannot figure out how to create the report that will only pull in from the project that it is on. Do I need to create a calculated field?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - For me, doing a calculated field is the easiest. We do it a lot on issues where we include Project Job information on the issue's custom form so the assignee doesn't have to click back into the project.

For calculated fields, you use the Label (so capital letters and space) and separate the referencing with a period. So like for us when we want to get the job number, the calculation is Project.Vantage Job Number

You do have to make sure you don't have any +, -, /, or * type symbols in the name of the field or the calculation will give you an error.

Hope this was helpful.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - For me, doing a calculated field is the easiest. We do it a lot on issues where we include Project Job information on the issue's custom form so the assignee doesn't have to click back into the project.

For calculated fields, you use the Label (so capital letters and space) and separate the referencing with a period. So like for us when we want to get the job number, the calculation is Project.Vantage Job Number

You do have to make sure you don't have any +, -, /, or * type symbols in the name of the field or the calculation will give you an error.

Hope this was helpful.

Level 4

Thanks, Anthony - really appreciate your response! I went ahead and created the calculated fields and those worked as I needed.

Thank you again!

Level 3

@Anthony Imgrund‚ - this was beautiful! Thank you so much for this!!