Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Adding conditional formatting on a custom column

Level 1
Hi, This seemed to be straight forward but ended up not being so. I built a custom column and the formula to get the results works fine. When I try and build in some formatting nothing seems to work. I am calling on real fields from the system and not relying on anything created so the formatting logic should follow like any other column. displayname=Look Here- Final Files styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=project.plannedCompletionDate styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=project.plannedCompletionDate styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=gte styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=date styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=project.DE:Final Files Due Date styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=fontstyle styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=bolditalic styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.1.name=textcolor styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.1.value=d30519 styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.2.name=bgcolor styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.2.value=eac6c9 styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext= textmode=true valueexpression=IF({project}.{DE:Final Files Due Date}>=0,IF({project}.{plannedCompletionDate}>={project}.{DE:Tactic Requested Due Date},"Needs Help","On Track"),IF({project}.{plannedCompletionDate}>={project}.{DE:Final Files Due Date},"Needs Help2","OK")) valueformat=atdate Has anyone else tried to do this and had success? Jason Murphy ThermoFisher Scientific
5 Replies

Level 10
I think from previous discussions, you'll find that you're not able to apply conditional formatting to a valueexpression. The workaround could possibly be to put that valueexpression into a custom form field (calculated field), and then apply conditional formatting to that field. -skye

Level 1

Hi, I had the valueexpression in the report column setting and I want to have text/ blackground color formatting, how can I do this? K2_Ceci

Level 1
Hi Skye, Thank you for the response, I will look into whether I can add an additional field for this. I did try an run this on a normal column and had the same result, Is it possible to do a comparison of two fields for formatting purposes or does it have to be a static Date Example: styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=project.plannedCompletionDate styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=project.plannedCompletionDate styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=gte styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=date styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext= project.DE:Final Files Due Date VS styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=project.plannedCompletionDate styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=project.plannedCompletionDate styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=gte styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=date styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext= 2019-12-10T11:00:00:00 I think this is where I may have gone off track. Jason Jason Murphy ThermoFisher

Level 10
oh, I see what you're asking. Without looking at your work too closely, i have to say that the one thing I took away from that class is this: Each rule needs both a leftmethod and lefttext line. Each rule needs a rightmethod and righttext line. The rightmethod line is always missing -- you always have to manually copy/paste and type this in. It always takes me a half hour of flailing around, so I'm hoping I can just get away with giving you that above info, and skip my flailing. :) -skye

Level 1
Hi Skye, Thank you, That is exactly what I was missing. No need to fail around. :) It even worked on the value expression column, this is a double win! To help others, I added. The Bolded line to make the styling work - styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=project.plannedCompletionDate styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=project.plannedCompletionDate styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=gte styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=date styledef.case.0.comparison.rightmethod=project.DE:Final Files Due Date styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=project.DE:Final Files Due Date Jason Jason Murphy ThermoFisher