Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculating the time it takes to complete a project

Level 1

I'm a traffic manager for a creative studio. I'd like to add to a template a column where I can input the number of creative assets the graphic designer needs to work on and have it automatically calculate the minutes/hours it would take for the designer to complete it in the next column.

It would be based on the status of the assets too, if the assets are new to create it would take longer than if they were in revisions.

I worked at a company that did this before and I don't know if it was a custom feature or part of the software program where I can create it myself.

For example:

- New Asset Build = 1.5 hours x 10 assets = 15 hours.

My supervisor is adding a field to the custom form where it will calculate the # of hours to complete a project by multiplying it by the # of assets. This helps but that's only when the project is initially submitted, I'd like to also have it available through the lifecycle of the project: calculating for revisions, packaging and releasing files.

Thank you!

0 Replies