Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

add issues to the project via email

Level 3

We are looking to have the ability for users that don't have a workfront account be able to email in issues. How does joey.smith@gmail send an email to Workfront and then it becomes an issue in the XYZ project.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi - there is a way using a POP account if you look at the Queue Details area of the project. It is designed more for Request Queues then on every project since you have to have a unique email address for every project. POP tech is old and some companies (like mine) do not create those accounts. We tested it 5 years ago with a Gmail account we created. People could email that Gmail account and then it would go into the system. Just note it is not instantaneous. The email box gets checked every once in awhile by Workfront and then it is processed.

Level 1

Sorry I'm a bit slow here, but on the POP email option, the sending user still has to have a Workfront account. When the email is received, Workfront will check the from email address to match it up to an existing users in Workfront. Otherwise it is rejected.