Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Add column in Project View representing the Planned Completion date of tasks with certain names

Level 3

Hi, all!

I have a Project view I'd like to add a column to. I want the column to provide the Planned Completion Date of tasks containing either the word 'Delivery' or 'Live Broadcast.' Those containing 'Delivery' are parent tasks. As a starting point, I have the following which I can't get to work:

displayname=Planned Delivery Date

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}>0,IF(CONTAINS("Delivery",{name},{plannedCompletionDate})))

valueformat=HTML

If anyone could assist, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

-Sean Lewis

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sean,

I'm not sure why my original code wouldn't work for you, I managed to replicate this in my environment and output all planned completion dates for parent tasks with 'Delivery' in the name using the code previously provided.

The way I would approach displaying the planned completion dates of parents that have 'Delivery' in the name, and child tasks that have 'Live Broadcast' in the name would be to create two separate columns and then link them into a single shared column.

Using the below code (pasted into the first column of my view) I am able to display all parent's with 'Delivery' in the name and all children with 'Live Broadcast' in the name. I've enhanced the expression to also include the task names in the view as well.

column.0.displayname=Delivery and Live Broadcast dates

column.0.listdelimiter=<br>

column.0.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

column.0.sharecol=true

column.0.textmode=true

column.0.type=iterate

column.0.valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}>0,IF(CONTAINS("Delivery",{name}),CONCAT({name}, " - ",{plannedCompletionDate})))

column.0.valueformat=HTML

column.1.sharecol=true

column.1.textmode=true

column.1.value=<br>

column.1.valueformat=HTML

column.2.listdelimiter=<br>

column.2.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

column.2.textmode=true

column.2.type=iterate

column.2.valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF(CONTAINS("Live Broadcast",{name}),CONCAT({name}, " - ",{plannedCompletionDate})))

column.2.valueformat=HTML

0694X00000AsSVIQA3.pngLet me know how you get on, or if I can help any further.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Sean,

You are missing a closing bracket after your CONTAINS expression. See below updated code which should work.

displayname=Planned Delivery Date

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}>0,IF(CONTAINS("Delivery",{name}),{plannedCompletionDate}))

valueformat=HTML

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Thanks, Richard! Unfortunately, this is still not working. I'm also not sure how to modify the expression to include tasks named 'Live Broadcast' that are not parent tasks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sean,

I'm not sure why my original code wouldn't work for you, I managed to replicate this in my environment and output all planned completion dates for parent tasks with 'Delivery' in the name using the code previously provided.

The way I would approach displaying the planned completion dates of parents that have 'Delivery' in the name, and child tasks that have 'Live Broadcast' in the name would be to create two separate columns and then link them into a single shared column.

Using the below code (pasted into the first column of my view) I am able to display all parent's with 'Delivery' in the name and all children with 'Live Broadcast' in the name. I've enhanced the expression to also include the task names in the view as well.

column.0.displayname=Delivery and Live Broadcast dates

column.0.listdelimiter=<br>

column.0.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

column.0.sharecol=true

column.0.textmode=true

column.0.type=iterate

column.0.valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}>0,IF(CONTAINS("Delivery",{name}),CONCAT({name}, " - ",{plannedCompletionDate})))

column.0.valueformat=HTML

column.1.sharecol=true

column.1.textmode=true

column.1.value=<br>

column.1.valueformat=HTML

column.2.listdelimiter=<br>

column.2.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

column.2.textmode=true

column.2.type=iterate

column.2.valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF(CONTAINS("Live Broadcast",{name}),CONCAT({name}, " - ",{plannedCompletionDate})))

column.2.valueformat=HTML

0694X00000AsSVIQA3.pngLet me know how you get on, or if I can help any further.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Hey, Rich.

Thank you so much! This is working for me. Also, the code you provided earlier does work - that was user error on my part. My apologies.

Thanks again!