Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Active Proof Approval report for a Group

Level 3

Hello,

I am trying to create a report showing all Proof approvals that are still pending for a specific "Group" within our WF system.  I have reports that show "Proofs *I* need to approve" and thought this would be an easy switch from $$User to Group but I can't seem to get it to work and I'm not great with the text mode. Can anyone give me a push in the right direction with possible text mode options?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, I think it depends on your audience using this report. If you're trying to show proofs pending my review, you'll want the approver home group. If you're wanting proof owners keeping track of what proofs they still have out pending others' review, you'll want a separate report for requester home group. I've used both for approvers vs requesters.

You may not want to tie it to the home group of the project owner (assuming you mean owner here, not sure what else) bc that may not always give you results you want based on how you have owners vs proof approvals within the project.

Something else in terms of what I've found helpful in a proof approval report is having a column with a proof link directly to open the proof. Here is the text mode for that:
displayname=Proof Link
textmode=true
valueexpression=CONCAT("https://YOURDOMAIN.my.workfront.com/document/",{documentVersion}.{document}.{ID},"/proof/",{documentVersion}.{proofID},"/view")
valueformat=HTML

And having a column for the most recent proof comment/who said it/when:
column.6.displayname=Most Recent Proof Comment
column.6.linkedname=documentVersion
column.6.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
column.6.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion
column.6.namekeyargkey.1=documentID
column.6.sharecol=true
column.6.textmode=true
column.6.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:lastNote:noteText
column.6.valueformat=HTML
column.7.sharecol=true
column.7.textmode=true
column.7.value=<br>
column.7.valueformat=HTML
column.7.width=1
column.8.displayname=Most Recent Proof Comment Owner
column.8.linkedname=documentVersion
column.8.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
column.8.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion
column.8.namekeyargkey.1=documentID
column.8.sharecol=true
column.8.textmode=true
column.8.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:lastUpdatedBy:name
column.8.valueformat=HTML
column.9.sharecol=true
column.9.textmode=true
column.9.value=<br>
column.9.valueformat=HTML
column.9.width=1
column.10.displayname=Most Recent Proof Comment Date
column.10.linkedname=documentVersion
column.10.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
column.10.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion
column.10.namekeyargkey.1=documentID
column.10.textmode=true
column.10.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:lastUpdateDate
column.10.valueformat=HTML

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, you can add a filter to your proof approval report here and type the names of the group(s) you want to pull.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1679670096545.png
If you're wanting to do something more like $$USER.GROUPID, I've tried a few variations and not finding something WF recognizes. If anyone know, chime in! If it doesn't exist, depending on how many groups you have, you could do a group-specific proof approval reports to at least pull the pending proofs for anyone in that group.

Level 3

thanks for the reply Madalyn!

Yes, I was first trying to determine the best way to attack this, from the Approver>>Home Group ID, or from the Requester>> Home Group ID.  I wish you could tie it to the Home Group of the related Project. But I think that's too many levels of data removed (??).

Another thing I was hoping was to insert a column I have seen where you can have a thumbnail image of the proof, but maybe that only works for document approvals, not Proof approvals?

Also, if there are any suggestions for organizing a report as far as Approvers on any given Proof. If Proofs have 5 approvers, they should appear related to the same Proof, but drop off the report as they make their decision.

thank you!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, I think it depends on your audience using this report. If you're trying to show proofs pending my review, you'll want the approver home group. If you're wanting proof owners keeping track of what proofs they still have out pending others' review, you'll want a separate report for requester home group. I've used both for approvers vs requesters.

You may not want to tie it to the home group of the project owner (assuming you mean owner here, not sure what else) bc that may not always give you results you want based on how you have owners vs proof approvals within the project.

Something else in terms of what I've found helpful in a proof approval report is having a column with a proof link directly to open the proof. Here is the text mode for that:
displayname=Proof Link
textmode=true
valueexpression=CONCAT("https://YOURDOMAIN.my.workfront.com/document/",{documentVersion}.{document}.{ID},"/proof/",{documentVersion}.{proofID},"/view")
valueformat=HTML

And having a column for the most recent proof comment/who said it/when:
column.6.displayname=Most Recent Proof Comment
column.6.linkedname=documentVersion
column.6.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
column.6.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion
column.6.namekeyargkey.1=documentID
column.6.sharecol=true
column.6.textmode=true
column.6.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:lastNote:noteText
column.6.valueformat=HTML
column.7.sharecol=true
column.7.textmode=true
column.7.value=<br>
column.7.valueformat=HTML
column.7.width=1
column.8.displayname=Most Recent Proof Comment Owner
column.8.linkedname=documentVersion
column.8.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
column.8.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion
column.8.namekeyargkey.1=documentID
column.8.sharecol=true
column.8.textmode=true
column.8.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:lastUpdatedBy:name
column.8.valueformat=HTML
column.9.sharecol=true
column.9.textmode=true
column.9.value=<br>
column.9.valueformat=HTML
column.9.width=1
column.10.displayname=Most Recent Proof Comment Date
column.10.linkedname=documentVersion
column.10.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
column.10.namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion
column.10.namekeyargkey.1=documentID
column.10.textmode=true
column.10.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:lastUpdateDate
column.10.valueformat=HTML

Level 3

Sorry, I should have given more context to this report. This report is not for individual approvers. This is a report to go to a "traffic" position to ensure the projects are moving along in a timely manner. This is a report to show all of the pending approvals on their Group's projects. So, all projects are originating within this group ("Marketing"), however they may have to bring in Approvers from other groups (like "Legal").  This is so they can run down the list with the team.

Oh yes, I wanted to add the comment column as well!  I had that on another report that was for "Documents AND Proofs I Need to Approve"  I thought all I needed to do was to switch the "I" ($$USERID) on that report for a "Group" in some manner but it wasn't working as easy as that.  Thank you for that text code!

Level 3

And when I was referring to the Project group I was referring to the Project Details "Project Association" fields where the Project is given a relationship to a specific Portfolio, Program, Group, and Company. I was hoping there was a way to leverage that data. But I always forget how each report "Type" access different data sets.

Community Advisor

Hi there, apologies for the delayed response here! Couple things:
- From your initial post - to my knowledge, you cannot pull in a thumbnail on proof approval reports, that is only possible for document approval reports (unfortunately)

- For seeing all proofs owned by a certain group (regardless of what groups the approvers are in), you'll want to use requester > Home Group ID (which you can type in the Group(s) name for in the filter, don't need actual ID #). You can't pull something like proof project group name, maybe in text mode, but I'd think it's safe to assume that the person uploading a proof in a project is part of the project's Group.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1680025434450.png

Hope all this helps!

Level 3

Thank you Madalyn!

You are confirming all my initial instincts!  I went with the requester> HomeGroupId "name" with the same assumption you made: if the person is uploading/creating the proof, then they must be in the "Group". Which I think is a safe assumption.

I got the Project name to show up with the following text mode:

displayname=Project Name
linkedname=documentVersion
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion
namekeyargkey.1=documentID
querysort=documentVersion:document:project:name
textmode=true
usewidths=true
valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name
valueformat=HTML
width=80

Community Advisor

Great! Glad it worked for you. It would be helpful to mark my recent answer correct to help others that may search for this same thing. Have a good one!