Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Access to Hours report for external users

Level 2

Hi

I need to provide monthly reports on hours spent on a project. I need to give access to the report to external users and not give access to financials. It seems that is not possible without them being allocated a planner licence? is that right? is there a way to do this?

Many thanks

Allan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

@Allan Ruan‚ If you were to create an Hour Report, you can remove all columns that reference financial data, so that it only shows hours by project by month. Likewise, you can add any relevant columns to provide more information, if needed.

When you go into Report Actions > Edit > Report Settings (top right), you can run the report with the access rights of yourself so that whoever views the report can see the exact same results that you see. However, only users with VIEW access to the hour/object will be able to click on the result, so if you are sharing this with external users, chances are they will likely only be able to view the report and not actually click on anything within.

You'll just want to make sure that the report is shared with these users through Report Actions > Sharing. Users do not need to have a planner license for this, they can have a request or review (collaborator) license.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Nichole