Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Ability to skip first round of proof workflow

Level 2
Hey all, Im looking to see if there's a way I can set the proof workflow to skip a step, once it's been approved. Essentially what I am looking to do is this... We are a creative team and when we are at the design stage, we would like all versions/comments/etc to be housed on ONE proof workflow. Here's what our workflow currently looks like: 1) Designer uploads proof for Creative Manager to review 2) If creative manager has edits, they mark "Not Approved" and it goes back to designer to make edits. 3) Once creative manager approves proof as is, it will go to the client for review. 4) IF the client has edits, the designer uploads a new version of the proof and the workflow starts all over again back at the creative manager... THIS IS THE STEP I WANT TO AVOID. Is there a known way that we can set the proof to skip the creative manager? I know they can click "new proof version" and include only the client needing to review it, but is there an easier way to do it? To be honest, our designers are not strong in process and prefer to not be responsible for sending to client and things of that nature. so if there was an automated way to skip the first Creative Manager review proof stage, that would be amazing. Also, if you guys have any other suggestions on how your teams are doing it that you find works better, I am all ears. We're trying our best to simplify and streamline this process. Thanks! Kate Kate Behnen Creative Project Manager Verizon Connect
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
This is why we don't use the automated workflows. Between each step of the Designer and the approvals process, we have a manager who owns the project and will decide who to share the proof with. We outline the basic steps in the Workfront task description for reference (which of course has no relation to the proof and thus is a different problem where the task and the proof are completely disconnected from each other) but ultimately it is a marketing manager (or account manager or traffic manager or whoever is the owner of the project) that decides who gets what after the design team is finished. They share it around, collect the comments so they make sense for the designer and then let the designer know it's ready for the corrections to be applied. This relieves the design team of having to make those decisions, and also of having to choose a workflow in the first place.

Level 2
Hi Kate, Have you thought about giving your PMs the proofing licenses, instead of the designers? Especially if the designers aren't as comfortable sharing with clients, etc, that could take the burden off of them and give them more time to design. :) This is our we set up our instance and it works really well. The PMs are closest to the project and have the knowledge of Workfront and our internal process to keep our projects moving. in your current configuration, the designer could remove first stage from the workflow when setting up the new proof. Or you could set up an additional workflow that would route right to the client instead of first routing to the creative manager. Hope that helps! Melissa Treinen Healthgrades

Level 3

This was a feature of the Ziflow proofing tool.. this should definitely be added as an Idea in the Innovation area.