Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

A wall of text

Level 10
We've had complaints since the 18.2 release that the system updates are now showing a "wall of text" where this was previously broken out by little status icons (which helped to make it easier to scan through) - New Old I raised this with WF support and they said this was as designed. I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on the removal of the status icons? I like the font and font color in the new style but I don't think removing the icons is a great user experience. Jamie Hill JLL
24 Replies

Level 10
Still I am getting complaints about the new look of the system updates. I am finding this very difficult (and frustrating) to defend. A case in point for us why people usually have system updates on is the issue object. We use this for all our risks, decisions, issues, change requests, etc. and have custom forms for each. The updates tab for these essentially cannot be used without enabling system updates as the form is the only thing people are asked to update. Jamie Hill JLL

Level 2
Thanks you for all the feedback on the new Updates design. This is currently working as designed and the goal of this change was to provide a cleaner/easier to ready user experience. As with any design changes, we continuously work to get feedback on usability and make tweaks to designs in future iterations. Your feedback will be brought up in future discussions about this styling. Chandler Smoot Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
Hi Chandler, Obviously some customers like the new formatting, but it seems like a considerable number don't. Not sure how much customer involvement there was early on regarding prototypes, but I expect if there was a bit more consultation during the design phase, Workfront could have moved towards the intended goal (a more streamlined view) without losing the things that aid readability (lines separating updates, icons reflecting the type of changes etc). I can only hope that serious efforts will be put into further enhancing the Updates tab. This is not something people will just get used to and realise it's better if nothing is changed. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
There's change coming in 18.3 (in the preview environment now) that puts more focus on the actual audit text and puts the timestamps in a much lighter font colour: New: Old: Small improvement but looks much better :) Jamie Hill JLL EMEA