Expand my Community achievements bar.

A few questions on the Update Stream...

Level 10
Hi all, I've had a few questions recently on all things updates so I wondered if you guys could maybe help with them :) 1) We have a Status Report as a tab in our PM Layout Template that includes a few custom fields for e.g. Achievements Last 2 Weeks, Planned Next 2 Weeks etc. Another one of these fields is simply "Project Commentary". I had a PM ask me if this field could not simply be in essence the last comment they've posted on the Updates tab of the project specifically (i.e. not a roll-up status from a task, issue etc.) Would that be possible? 2) With those custom fields we have for our weekly report, currently I have to manually check whether they've been updated per project. Does Workfront capture a 'last modified' date per field at all? Thanks!! Jamie Hill JLL Global
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jamie, I played around and found a couple of options. Maybe you can try them and see if they work for you. If your report is a Project report (I'm assuming it is) I found a Last Note field (comments/updates are called Notes in their field names). However, you have to remember any comment/update on a Task or Issue in the Project shows up under the Project updates. So this might not be as useful as you hoped. But I found another one that might work. Last Condition Note seemed to work better at only displaying a note that was left at the project level. I briefly tested it with my own projects and it SEEMED to work. But check it out to see if it's accurate for you. For #2 I don't believe they have a last modified field for every field. But I'd be curious to know if anyone else has found different. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
There are some different things we have done related to Status to try to have more flexibility in controlling what is pulled for reports, etc. Here are the two flavors that we use/tried. 1) A workfront consultant, create an Issue Custom form for us for status reporting. We have a Queue Configuration so that when a manger creates a new Issue, they can select Project Status from the drop-down. Our custom form appears and they enter the information we need for reporting. This is good in the respect that we have a natural, historical record of Project Status Updates, each being an Issue and we can report on the last one for the current week, the last months worth, etc. Using this method does require the PM to close these Issues out before they close the project. 2) Posting an update on the Project for status updates works is you are not interested in standardizing what is given in a status. We found that it works best though, if you create a Task on your Project (we call it Project Status) and assign it to the Project Manager. This way when you run a report, you can use the Task name to ensure that the update you are getting is the Status you want and not a random comment that someone may have decided to enter on the Updates tab. This also gives us the ability on a little bigger projects to create additional Status Tasks if we want someone to report a status from testing, or affiliated with another department to provide a status ( for example: Sub-Plan Owner Status - Online Services). Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU