Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Time Saved to Timesheet Disappearing?

Level 6
Hi all, Have any admins experienced an uptick of users reporting their time disappearing from their timesheets? From the few users who have reported this (about 5) it seems that they clicked the "Save for Later" button at the bottom of the timesheet and proceeded to log off of the system. Upon returning to the timesheet they noticed that their time that was saved was no longer there. I had originally thought this might simply be due to user error but the growing number of complaints seems abnormal compared to other months. Justin Renteria SSFCU
3 Replies

Level 6
i've seen this occur but i've identified the issue on our side. Our timesheets are closed at noon est every monday. Our users open their timesheet page, and keep it open in their browser then attempt to submit their timesheets after the close period, which results in no data being saved and them getting mad. No matter how many times I explain it, every week it happens to at least 5 people. not sure that's what you're experiencing though Ryan Carroll Integrated Marketing Services

Level 6
I've also seen this occur when users have multiple tabs or windows open in Workfront. If a user has 2 copies of the time sheet open and enters time in both, then hits update, you will overwrite your work. Marty Gawry - CapabilitySource CapabilityBlox

Level 10
We've been hearing this as well and I don't know that we are any closer to getting it solved. It did happen to me a week ago. I can say that I didn't have 2 timesheets opened... When I enter my time in the timesheets, 50% of the time I am adding notes to my hours, for the most part I don't know that our team members do. Last week I had noticed that when I entered my time and my notes that when I scrolled to the bottom to click the Save button, I saved the changes and had confirmation that they were saved. I do this periodically, because I worry about losing some of my info....force of habit for anything I use, Excel, Word, etc. Anyway, after saving my second round of time entry updates, I noticed something odd at the bottom of the screen. I had noticed that the Save for later button was enabled, however the Save and Close Timesheet button appeared grey (not the typical blue color), even after entering some more hours. I clicked the save button to save my changes and it appeared to work. Save and Close still appeared grey. I attempted to click it to see if it would do anything, but nothing happened. I resumed making an additional update on my timesheet and clicked save for later. When the screen returned, Save and Close was still grey. Out of curiosity I hit F5 to refresh the screen. When I did this, I noticed that the time I had entered when I was using "save for later" when the save and close button was disabled was gone. We have an opened ticket with the help desk on "disappearing time". I supplied them with the details of what I experienced, because in general we don't get a lot of details when someone reports this type of problem. I would be interested to know if anyone else had noticed this button appear grey before losing their time. Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU