Expand my Community achievements bar.

18.2 Beta 2 feedback

Level 10
Hi - here's some initial feedback for 18.2 Beta 2: Log Time in Days: Looks good but on the timesheet there is still the section called 'General Hours' which might confuse users who are entering time in units of days. There is also a text note referring to hours at the bottom of the timesheet. Obviously the underlying object is still in hours, but for users who don't know this, they could get confused. Cross Project Predecessors on Gantt Chart on a project list: This could be very useful however I think the UI could be improved to make it clearer on the direction of the dependency. Perhaps add arrow heads and/or the letters F and S for finish and start. In the example video it is hard to work out what is dependent on what. Mobile Link enhancements: Very nice! David Cornwell
9 Replies

Level 10
Really pleased to see the timesheet finally getting some love! Hopefully we'll see a few more little updates for it in the upcoming betas for 2018.2 :) Jamie Hill JLL

Level 10
I looked at Beta 2 yesterday and noticed two issues I have put in tickets for Support to look at: 1 - When using home, if you click in the assignments field to update, there is a display error if you have an unassigned role on that task. This is not a problem is all the assignments are assigned 2 - When you set budget to schedule in the new resource area of the Business Case, it messes up the Utilization report for the project. Instead of keeping it to just the roles and users on the project, it shows all roles and users in the entire resource pool. Not really helpful. ;) And then one thing that is more a comment, the ability to see which projects are using cross project predecessors is nice, but unfortunately not too helpful. It always makes it look like the beginning of a project is dependent upon the end of another project. In actually, it is a task that is in the middle of the one project that is affecting the middle of the other project. Like, maybe something like my little blue line below. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Agree with Anthony....if WF can implement that as for the cross project dependencies that would be great. David Cornwell

Level 4
Agree with Anthony...and...updating fields on the Home screen (task description, etc), don't actually save those fields on the correlating objects for us. We'll make sure to share this and other feedback details on this week's Power Team call with WF. Jaimeson Jaimeson Wennerstrum Periscope, Inc.

Level 8
Is the updates tab / area at going away at the task level? It's not showing up in the sandbox for me. Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 10
It is a bug. They are working on it. To test out the new updates, I have been using Issues with my team. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Ah...I noticed that it was missing today too. David Cornwell

Level 4
We noticed the Updates tab at the task level disappears with existing layout templates. Remove your layout template and it may appear. Jaimeson Wennerstrum Periscope, Inc.

Level 9
Really like the new Project list view (faster, higher query amount, and MUCH nice UI) -- I really hope those same features trickle down to Task view and Issues... And while they are improving the UI - maybe add a new component type called Requests ;-) < > but the UI is much nicer and fresh! John Seitz ESPN