Expand my Community achievements bar.

üå± Template Maintenance Workshop

Level 10

(TLDR: "You had me at Template Maintenance"? Register NOW.)

"Our new Template is ALMOST ready, but I'm worried: what if we create 100 Projects and then realize something was missing or wrong? We'd then have to go FIX ALL of those Projects by hand!"

Have you (as I used to) suffered from Template Analysis Paralysis (TAP), never sure if a Template Tasks are quite ready, and therefor holding off from putting them into use?

Join me, Doug Den Hoed (CEO of AtAppStore) on Friday, April 1 at 11am Eastern / 8am Pacific / 4pm BTC for a joint discussion of this challenge and a live demonstration of our recently upgraded Sync Template solution

This is an opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas directly with us as we conduct our research, and in doing so, get hands-on experience with our latest solution using your own Workfront environments.

If you'd like to attend, there are two options:

- Participant: if you would like to join and try our existing solution yourself, simply provide the name of your Workfront domain in the comment when you register so you can then follow along during the Workshop. (NOTE: you must have System Admin credentials to participate)

- Observer: If you would like to sit in and watch, that's ok too! Just say so in the comment when you register.

Either way, we invite you to register NOW.

NOTE: We will be recording the session, but due to the sensitive nature of a group discussion, it might not be possible to release the recording, so the best way to try it out and/or share your feedback in this area is to attend.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Regards,

Doug

0694X00000I9BbWQAV.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10

Thanks to those who've already Registered for our🌱 Template Maintenance Workshop this Friday. We've still got a few more spots open for anyone who'd like to join us, and I look forward to chatting with you all then!

Regards,

Doug

Level 7

Aaaaand, registered. As of right now, I'm working on Friday and if so, looking forward to seeing the solution.

If I'm not working, chances are that I'll be in a Korean Spa in a hot tub and will need to catch the replay. :D

Either way, looking forward to it!

-j

Level 10

Many thanks to those who attended our🌱 Template Maintenance Workshop yesterday!

In addition to reviewing our Sync Template solution in action (and touching on some of the usecases and pitfalls), we then blue-skied a future version that could also synchronize

-- Specifically-filtered Tasks

-- Queues

-- Queue Topics

-- Topic Groups

-- Routing Rules

-- Document Folders

-- Sub Templates (vs just a Project's "Primary" template)

I'd like to especially thank my colleague @Skye Hansen‚ for spontaniously helping guide the demo, spark further conversation, and -- after the call -- meeting with me to show off their techniques to capture and preserve Queue Topics in custom data, and track Sub Templates using a clever This-Task-Will-Self-Destruct technique (via Fusion).

As mentioned, I did capture the raw footage from the meeting, which I am considering shortening into a Highlight reel at some point. To help me decide if and when to do so, I invite you to drop me a note here confirming you'd be interested in seeing it.

Regards,

Doug

I couldn't make the workshop at the last minute and would really like to be able to review.

Level 4

I couldn't make it. Can you please send this to me to review? Thanks!

Level 2

I would also be interested in a highlight reel on this topic. Thank you!

Level 1

I would also be interested if there is a video available? Will you be doing any of these in the future @Doug Den Hoed‚ ?

Level 3

Dang it, I missed this! Is there a recording of the session? We have tons of project templates and this would be useful!

Level 10

Hi Kelly (and everyone),

Thanks for confirming your interest; I will cut a highlight reel at my earliest opportunity and let you know when it's available.

Regards,

Doug