Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

We are setting up a new Hire request queue in Workfront and we would like to use Fusion 2.0 to do the following steps. Has anyone done anything like this before and where can I go to look at code snippets & scenario examples to learn how to build this?

Level 2
  1. Hiring Manager fills out Request Queue (Custom Form) and submits it
  2. The issue is created for HR (in Project in Workfront)
  3. Fusion Creates individual tasks for IT, Operations, Accounting, and HR to get new hire set-up with Company as a full time and/or freelancer/contractor (in the same Project issue is created in) - these tasks need to have Planned hours, Day Durations and Predecessors (FS) with each other.
  4. Fusion also updates 2 Google sheets (1. for Hardware inventory 2. HR/Payroll Data)
  5. The last step of Fusion is to create a separate Ambassador Project - from a template (new Project, but in the same Program as Project in step 2) to lead and track onboarding tasks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Adam, we just completed a project that would be very similar to your steps using Fusion 2.0, unfortunately I don't have anything i can share by way of example, but is there anywhere in particular you are stuck?

It looks like step 1 and 2 is Workfront functionality, for step 3 it would be great if you could use project templates and allow Fusion to create a new project using a template, which template selected could be based on some of the custom form data the user has entered. If the template contained most of the tasks, hours etc, any further changes could be made by Fusion "Update Record" (Project) card, again based on what the user has entered on the custom form.

In our scenario, the user selects from a dropdown menu, selecting the relevant request type, the values for that field on the custom form are the template ID, so Fusion can get a template ID based on what the user has selected.

For number 4, the Fusion 2.0 training has some great examples of updating Google Sheets and was very straight forward.

For number 5, this is also similar to ours, in our scenario when the project is created for step 3, we also create a program first using a "Create Record" card and update all projects with that Program ID, so they are all stored together.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Adam, we just completed a project that would be very similar to your steps using Fusion 2.0, unfortunately I don't have anything i can share by way of example, but is there anywhere in particular you are stuck?

It looks like step 1 and 2 is Workfront functionality, for step 3 it would be great if you could use project templates and allow Fusion to create a new project using a template, which template selected could be based on some of the custom form data the user has entered. If the template contained most of the tasks, hours etc, any further changes could be made by Fusion "Update Record" (Project) card, again based on what the user has entered on the custom form.

In our scenario, the user selects from a dropdown menu, selecting the relevant request type, the values for that field on the custom form are the template ID, so Fusion can get a template ID based on what the user has selected.

For number 4, the Fusion 2.0 training has some great examples of updating Google Sheets and was very straight forward.

For number 5, this is also similar to ours, in our scenario when the project is created for step 3, we also create a program first using a "Create Record" card and update all projects with that Program ID, so they are all stored together.

Level 2

@Ciaran Campbell‚ thank you for your reply it was very helpful. I got the scenario working.