Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Time Off Notifications to Project Owners

Level 7

Hey hey...

I am trying to build a scenario where an owner is sent an email alerting them that the task dates have changed due to a time off entry. We can see the system alert when the time is already entered, but if a task is already planned and an entry is made, sometimes the date shift goes unnoticed.

Scenario setup:

I am watching updated tasks to see if the new state dates match the old state dates. If they do not, it passes. From there I am grabbing more task data, owner and assignee data. I then have a filter to see if the assignee's time off entries are within the range of the task start and end dates. This only seems to kind of work. I still get some tasks that pull through even though the dates have not been modified or the same tasks flow through multiple times.

I may be overcomplicating this one. Anybody have a good solution to alert the project owner when a task date was changed by someone other than owner?? It seems like there should be an out of box notification for this, but I am not seeing it.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

UPDATE!!

I forgot I even posted this, and I cannot believe how long ago it was, but I did end up getting this to work if anyone is interested. It's pretty basic and I attached a screen shot as well displaying the modules I used. It goes like this:

1. Custom API call to search for reserved time (RESVT).

2. Iterate the data array from the previous module.

3. Read or Search for User Name, ID.

4. Custom API call to search for assignments (ASSGN).

5. Iterate the data array from the previous module. 

6. Filter for date range. PTO end date later than Task planned start date AND PTO start date earlier than Task planned completion date.

7. Create an Update record, posting a message, and notifying the Project Owner.

8. Lastly, we are using the externalRefID to post a "processed" indicator to make sure we don't keep pulling the same PTO and sending multiple notifications.

Hope this helps guys!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

UPDATE!!

I forgot I even posted this, and I cannot believe how long ago it was, but I did end up getting this to work if anyone is interested. It's pretty basic and I attached a screen shot as well displaying the modules I used. It goes like this:

1. Custom API call to search for reserved time (RESVT).

2. Iterate the data array from the previous module.

3. Read or Search for User Name, ID.

4. Custom API call to search for assignments (ASSGN).

5. Iterate the data array from the previous module. 

6. Filter for date range. PTO end date later than Task planned start date AND PTO start date earlier than Task planned completion date.

7. Create an Update record, posting a message, and notifying the Project Owner.

8. Lastly, we are using the externalRefID to post a "processed" indicator to make sure we don't keep pulling the same PTO and sending multiple notifications.

Hope this helps guys!