Expand my Community achievements bar.

Pushing issue data to resolving projects

Level 8

Hey guys!

The use case here is pretty straight forward. We want to have any new updates or uploaded documents on the issue automatically move or copy to the resolve project. I am probably over engineering this because I am running into a myriad of problems when trying to do this. Here are a few I cannot get passed:

1. The Filters. - I only want the resolve project to update with issue data (comments and documents) if it is brand new, not anything that previously existed. I think just a simple entry date filter may suffice. IF entry date = $$today, then pass through. How do you use a date wild card in Fusion?
  2. Copying Issue Notes to the Resolve Project. - I have tried using a update record and a create record module. Both of these just seem to duplicate the updates on the issue and they don't push to the resolve project. Does this have to be a custom API module or am I just missing something on one of these modules?
  3. The use of iterators causes the updates to run multiple times. - This may be solved with the filters as well, but it seems to double any actions that fusion is taking. If 2 docs are uploaded, 4 are created on the resolve project. I have the first filter on each path to stop if the last update ID if my FusionID, so I am not sure why it keeps running.
  4. The Document Name. - Fusion is adding the ID to the front of the document name. Even if I add an additional update record module for the name, it still adds the ID to the file name.
  5. Create Proof is locked. - The document copies to the project, but the "create proof" option is disabled. Is there a setting I can enable to allow this function.

This is kind of a lot, I know. If anybody would like some addtl context to try and help out, just let me know what you need.

Thanks guy!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 1

Hi Brandon,

Let's look at these one at a time. This is a common use case that I just worked through with a client.

1.The Filters. - I only want the resolve project to update with issue data (comments and documents) if it is brand new, not anything that previously existed. I think just a simple entry date filter may suffice. IF entry date = $$today, then pass through. How do you use a date wild card in Fusion?

• I would suggest that you simply watch records for updates. What I have been doing is using a immediate webhook for issue updates and filter on resolvedby a project. This way you are looking for updates to an issue that is already resolved to a project, Also, filter out status changes as these would be driven by the resolving project.

2.Copying Issue Notes to the Resolve Project. - I have tried using a update record and a create record module. Both of these just seem to duplicate the updates on the issue and they don't push to the resolve project. Does this have to be a custom API module or am I just missing something on one of these modules?

• Here you perhaps not using the resolving project object when creating the update. Again the key here is the resolving project fields in the issue. Use this as your objCode and objID in the create issue.

3.The use of iterators causes the updates to run multiple times. - This may be solved with the filters as well, but it seems to double any actions that fusion is taking. If 2 docs are uploaded, are created on the resolve project. I have the first filter on each path to stop if the last update ID if my FusionID, so I am not sure why it keeps running.

• It sounds like you are getting an unexpected iteration. This is often caused by the fact that a Workfront Search module will AUTOMATICALLY iterate on its returns. You may just simply not need add the iterate module as you are probably already iterating on the search. The other thing you should perhaps do is use the 'move' action. This way you won't gather the same document twice and keep pushing it to the project.

4.The Document Name. - Fusion is adding the ID to the front of the document name. Even if I add an additional update record module for the name, it still adds the ID to the file name.

• This has to be simply the field you are mapping to the name. Also, if you use the move module, it will automatically be named the same name that it was created with on the issue.

5.Create Proof is locked. - The document copies to the project, but the "create proof" option is disabled. Is there a setting I can enable to allow this function.

• I would check the rights on the Fusion user to make sure you have Proof access, also, are you using the misc document action, createProof ?

Good Luck!!

Level 8

Hi Andy! Thanks for the reply. Although some of these tricks worked, I am still running in to a few problems.

• Doc Name was resolved and I added the suggested filters to the updated issue path in my Scenario. No struggles there.
  1. I am still seeing ALL docs being moved to the resolve project and not just the latest one. I am having a hard time filtering for just the docs that don't exist on the project already. Additionally, I changed the update card to a misc action card with the action of "move". This does enable the create proof function, but it also removes the doc from the issue. Any way to keep them in both places?
  2. I am still not seeing the Notes being copied over to the resolve project. I am using a update 'note' card with the note text as the issue's "note text" and the project ID as "resolve project ID". I anticipate I will run in to the same problem here too where ALL the notes come over and not just the last note. The module runs w/o error, but the output never makes it to the project. 0694X00000EM8kGQAT.jpg