Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Keeping the converted issue "tied" to the resolving project

Level 7

This should be an easy one. I am either missing something obvious or this isn't possible. I have a scenario that is searching for new requests/issues from a certain queue and converting them to a new project when they submit the request. When this runs, it pulls over the converted issue data (entered by, entry date, etc...), but then it deletes the converted issue. I am using a WF Misc Action card with an action of "convertToProject" and I have "Has Resolvables" checked. I can't think of another way to do this. Is there an option I am missing to keep the issue and tie it to the resolving object?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 3

Hi Brandon,

At the bottom of the Misc Action module, there is an attribute called "options". Update that with "preserveIssue".

That should solve your concern0694X00000DWZZfQAP.jpg

Level 7

Boom! I was literally staring at that field the whole day today because I knew it had to be in the options somewhere. I may have one more question on how to change the project to a custom status, but I will play with it a bit first before I bug this group again. 😋

Level 7

oh - I just realized it removes the converted issue from the submitted screen though. It removes it because the automation auto-closes the issue. I need the issue to mirror the project custom status. Is there another option trick that can do that?

Level 6

Hi, any idea if this function has been removed?  I have the following:

{

project: {
"name""Testing Sales Pursuit Plan",
"programID":"6361406b001ac75c4b6e185d8ab832b3",
"templateID":"63530b84000195201b931038d97f3c1b",
"plannedStartDate":"2022-11-01",
"options":"preserveIssue"
}
}

And it creates a project from the template, but it still deletes the issue, and none of the custom fields from the issue transfer to the project.  Where can you find a list of items you can put in the "options"?  Thank you!

Level 2

Hi, you need to use this structure:

{
    "options": [
        "preserveIssue",
        "preservePrimaryContact"
    ],
    "project": {
        "name""Some Name",
        "templateID""Some ID",
        "ownerID""Some Owner",
        "status""PLN"
    }
}

Level 1

I realize I am replying to an old thread but I was wondering if there was some documentation that listed these options and what they do? This post helped me resolve my issue but i could not find this information anywhere else.

Thank you!