Expand my Community achievements bar.

I am trying to create an api call to get all the custom forms a field is used on.

Level 1

If I read a field (parameter) ID or name in, find the custom forms it is used on. Once I find the form ID, I would like to use the parameter ID and ctgy ID to remove the parameter from the form. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

to get the custom forms (categories) a field is used in, you can use the following GET query:

https://<instance>.my.workfront.com/attask/api-internal/CTGY/search?categoryParameters&parameterID=<customFieldID>

In the Workfront API the custom fields are called categories, using the endpoint CTGY and the custom fields are parameters.

Concerning removing a parameter from a form, I do not have an idea at the moment...

Regards

Lars

Level 9

Ok, perhaps there is an easier way to do this, but if you have a look into this old thread by me, you can possibly derive a solution.

Yo will need to use a GET request to get all categoryParameters attached to a form and based on that remove the one you found using the call before.

Regards

Lars

Level 1

Thank you. It seems very close, but I am getting an 'Unprocessable Entity'.