Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

How to transfer the information field inside a request / request queue to another request?

Level 3

Hi, 

Our organization structured our request queue for content creation and activation channels to be separated. This means if you have submitted a request for content creation, you will have to submit another request if you would like to activate the content for example in Marketo, Pardot etc. 

After performing the UAT for the new processes, we realized that the fields filled up in the content request queue are also the fields we need to fill in the channel activation queue. They both share the same fields for intake form. 

My question is, is there a way for us to transfer the information filled up in the first request (content activation) to the request of channel activation? I know Fusion might be able to help us with this and I would appreciate if someone could lend a helping hand to summarize the configuration we need for this. 

Your assistance is appreciated!

Thanks

Arthur

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

If you have Fusion, I feel like you have a lot of options here. Off the top of my head...

• you could have a checkbox on the form used in the content creation queue that indicates activation is also needed. If that box is checked you then could have Fusion create the corresponding activation request in the appropriate request queue with the appropriate form, approval, whatever is needed, attached and have Fusion pull all the needed info from the creation form to fill in on the activation form. If additional fields need to be filled in the new field could be assigned to whoever entered the content form or to a team - whoever would do that.
  • alternatively, you could have a field on the activation channel form where you indicate which content creation request it should pull information from (maybe a field for the content creation request's reference number). With this, whoever is entering the activation request could fill in any fields that aren't common to the content form, then Fusion could pull those that are common.

Hi Heather, 

I think we are more keen to go with your second suggestion. We have next questions for that which are: 

1. Are we able to pull information from a project instead of just a request?
  2. I understand that Fusion will be able to pull the information from a request based on your second suggestion there. May I know when will the data be populated? Will it be populated once a request reference number is filled in? Or will it be populated once the submit button is clicked on the new request? The reason we ask this is because the requestor might not remember the list of common fields on top of their head while submitting the request. So to have those common fields pre-populated right after a request or project reference number is filled in and before the submit button needs to be clicked is ideal. 

Appreciate your help on this. Thanks!

Community Advisor
  1. Yes, you can pull from a project or a request - you just need to identify what you are pulling form
  2. The data would not be populated while the user is still filling in the form - because technically, that request hasn't been created. So the first opportunity to have them filled in would be when the submit button is clicked. I would put the field that are expected to be pulled from the other request (or project) in a separate section of the form. And all the fields that they are expected to fill in set in their own section.

Level 3

Okay that clarifies it. On the other hand, if we were to proceed with your first suggestion which is to have a channel activation checkbox inside a content request queue - how would the assignment of unpopulated fields will go about? Does that mean the issue will be assigned to the requestor who needs to fill up the unpopulated fields?

Or is there a way for us to assign the individual unpopulated fields to the requestor instead of having to assign the issue itself?

The reason I am asking is that the channel activation request queue might have its own default assignee already.