Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fusion Beginner: convert Request with multiple asset briefings to a corresponding number of tasks

Level 9

Hello,

I have a request form wich has multiple sections to request multiple assets in one go.

So, after providing the parameters for the first asset, the user is asked, if he/she wants to add another one, and so on.

As the whole briefing information results in one bundle, I want to use Fusion to create one task for each asset.

After someone approved the request itself, it is converted to a new project as an order. Now the corresponding tasks (for each asset) should be created and assigned to the order-project. 

I understand, that I need to use an iterator to do the optask -> task conversion, but I do need some assistance on how to achieve that.

In the request form, each field has an individual name, e.g. (firstAssetWidth, secondAssetWidth,...), what makes it difficult to generate multiple bundles.

Perhaps someone can lead me into the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

2 Replies

Community Advisor

We do this using Fusion. The scenario is not necessarily complex, but some of the principles applied in the modules require intermediate/advanced level understanding.

In a nutshell:
1. Custom API call module so you can return parameterValues as one of the output fields. 
2. Iterate through the array of parameterValues.
3. Filter for only the parameters that are related to the assets being requested.
4. Create a task for each parameter that passed through the filter.

We have additional steps before, in between, and after the above listed steps, but this is the basic approach. 

You wouldn't iterate a convert optask to task action - that would be used in a situation where you need to convert a list of optasks to tasks. Since you only have a single optask, you want to iterate through properties of that optask and use the create record module as many times as needed.

The optask isn't converted to anything - you just read it and create the necessary task records. 

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 9

Hello @William-- , thanks a lot for your explanation.

Fortunately, I had already solved the way you describe via a script with direct API accesses before we got our Fusion instance. However, due to lack of experience in Fusion, I thought I had to do something different.

I will try my best.