Expand my Community achievements bar.

Export report data using Fusion?

Level 4

Question reg.  automation of report export (mainly for backup and archiving).  Are there any other options besides manual export and sending by email?

Is it possible to automate export of report data with the help of Fusion for further uploading it to another app?

If so, how to implement it? Any ideas?

5 Replies

Level 9

Hello Viktoriia,

unfortunately there seems to be nothing like that provided by the API, so it is also not possible using Fusion.

You could think about creating a scheduled report delivery to a specific email address and let Fusion check the recepients inbox and extract the attachment.

Report Actions -> Send Report -> Make Repeating Delivery

Regards

Lars

Level 4

It's a good Idea, but I was not able to get an authorization for the connection to MS outlook yet. Not sure, whether it will be allowed

Level 5

I'd support this functionality if submitted as an idea.  I frequently need to export raw milestone data and process it in Access to get the view we need.

Level 3

Hi @Viktoriia  - 'm currently working through this now. It is possible if you are comfortable with references and collections.

The existing scenario I have today is we have a calendar that is fed from Workfront data and updates 4x a day. It breaks down as follows:

1. 'Events' are added as a new task or new request on a project.
  2. Fusion downloads a task report based on the data that is part of the task's custom field.
  3. The file is exported to a SharePoint site as the same file name each time.
  4. The calendar is built in PowerBI. The PowerBI references the cloud location of the downloaded file.
  5. PoewrBI pulls in data 4x a day, beginning at 7 a.m.

My current attempt to solve for is to export the actual hours by project based on entry date in Fusion.

I can get the project info, but not the hours by entry date pulled from it. I'm sure there's  a way that I just haven't succeeded with yet.

That specific data feeds a huge PowerBI report that is updated on a weekly basis. 

Hope that helps!

Level 4

@ChristinaJay, how do you download report using Fusion? What module do you use for that?

I tried to play with Custom API calling for export/api?exportTitle... (similar to what Workfront is showing during export of project and/or report), but without much success as I can't get report content